Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: homing travels in wrong direction

Post by billybobron »

from the time stamp in the above I went back and tried to park the machine and it wanted to drive the z carriage right down through the tabletop again!!
billybobron
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by billybobron »

I would rather not keep throwing things up against the wall to see what sticks I would really like for Keith or someone at that level or higher if there is anyone to look at this My time is of no value to any of you, but it is to me and now all this waisted time is costing me.
Attachments
report_98F07B91EC00-0203236936_2023-11-12_17-22-50.zip
(862.51 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Sword
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by Sword »

A picture of the machine isn't a bad idea, it helps to see how it's set up. Perhaps you did back when/then. By the looks of the report, you still haven't loaded the axis drive type, as counts per rev don't match.
Scott
billybobron

Post by billybobron »

You know that is kind of funny in a way I spent several hours the other day and mind you now someone is going to say it is wrong BUT I did buy one of those fancy dial indicators and had worked on that over and over again, Now mind you I hadn't tried to home the machine while doing that, but once I got done that is when I ran the homing operation as I was going to try a simple circle and square cut AND WHAMO I open up this can of worms
RogDC

Post by RogDC »

I know you are getting frustrated but maybe it's time just to start from scratch with your settings. Break it into sections and get each section working correctly. Reduce your max speed settings until you get the correct operation of the machine to give yourself more time to react to hit cycle stop or E-Stop.

If you can post photos of your machine and wiring, that may help others trying to assist with your troubleshooting.

Personally I doubt it's an acorn issue. The controller is just a computer, it does what you tell it to do. If you have a setting incorrect for the wiring, or vice-versa it will not behave with the intended command.
billybobron

Post by billybobron »

Of course you don’t think it’s an acorn issue
Ken Rychlik
CNC Control System Serial Number: 80F5B5B92C3A-0213236854

Post by Ken Rychlik »

I think it is $95 an hour and centroid techs will log onto your pc and help you figure it out. You can purchase tech help on their web site where you purchased the unit.

It is normally operator error, and I speak from experience on multiple machines. There are lots of tiny pieces to the puzzle and it only takes one wrong wire or setting to mess it up.

I do a custom homing file and don't let the wizard create one. That might be an option for you if everything is actually moving the correct direction with mdi commands.

The pics of machine and control wiring idea is a good one and the tech help from centroid will probably need that to help you as well, Nobody can see what you are looking at and a fresh pair of eyes or ten might spot something.

There are some VERY smart folks that have wired and programmed MANY machines in here trying to help you figure out what you may have done wrong.

You might be the 1% that has a defective board, but I doubt it.
Ken
billybobron

Post by billybobron »

Let me restate something and I am not going to do it so eloquently as another person do so here on this site about how he felt about the operating system! This system actually takes a back seat to others that market to the home user! I already page for the card, the software, the remote, when I could have bought a much better system for about the same amount!!! I am 70 years old and on fixed income I bought into this system based on the false Bs that is shared about how great and simple to set up I call it B S, they should not market it as such the videos are outdated, close to 1000 pages that take you down one rabbit hole after another! And then you think I should piss another 95 down the toilet for an hours worth of time and have the audacity to say it user fault, when one of the other wonder clicks here guided me through the wiring! Sure ya it’s all operator! I had to fire guys for true operator errors, or wsisting five minutes of time, Or fire guys cause there neglect the caused a failure that delayed a multimillion dollar shipment! I would much rather if I had the money buy a different system before I piss more money up a rope on this system to I make myself cleare or are you to far under the influence of the acorn cool aid that your going to need to go reintroduction camp in order to function normally again!
Ken Rychlik
CNC Control System Serial Number: 80F5B5B92C3A-0213236854

Post by Ken Rychlik »

When you said everything was working good after Shawn helped you, hopefully you have a saved report from that time. Going back and loading that report, might help you a lot.
Best of luck to you, but I don't think you can be helped.
I'm out
Ken
Sword
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by Sword »

I was just going to post the following (in red), but after reading the last two rants, and no disrespect, but I think you need to fire yourself for the incomplete installation and setup errors I've mention previously and below. Our intention here is to help a guy out, but yeah, I'm out too, good luck.

There is a buy and sell forum thread at the board index. https://centroidcncforum.com/viewforum.php?f=62

I agree with the start from scratch route, there are things in your report and wizard screenshots that don't match up, such as a mismatch in drive type values, and an incomplete axis squaring set up. That alone could be the crux of the issue, I spotted some documentation that eludes to a reversal of an axis with certain auto squaring parameter/variables.

Start out uncomplicated with just home all or simple home, and once confirmed that part works, add the next. All at once just makes it easier to make mistakes and harder to troubleshoot.
Scott