Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

ATC functional, but gets some pockets wrong

Post by Insect »

So the ATC is rack mounted, hole-drop style.

The #12 tool usually goes to #1 location, others have been messed up intermittently, such as 6 to 4 once, and one other fail. When testing, I do notice 12 using 1's space every time.

The table of locations is accurate, shared here, as well as tool library Bin assignments, shared here also.
This video shows the issue, look at the last few seconds, many of these toolchanges were correct, 12 was the last one, and a fail in the vid.

Then when restarting, it was showing tool 1 with a height of #4
Then it showed jumbled bin positions. Picts of both are attached here at bottom.

What may be the cause?
Attachments
height.PNG
height.PNG (6.02 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
bins02.PNG
report_0008DC111213-0605230121_2023-11-09_21-15-27.zip
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
bins.PNG
tools.PNG
Last edited by Insect on Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
dpascucci_support
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC12: No

Re: ATC functional, but gets some pockets wrong

Post by dpascucci_support »

Which of the tool library pictures shows the original (correct) bin positions?
Domenic

When requesting support READ THIS POST first.

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
Insect

Post by Insect »

The locations table, does not change by itself and shows different spots for each bin.

However, the bin assignments get jumbled after each run, what you see in those (blue)screenshots is after some ATC attempts using F7 or using the MDI. Those represent

I did not post a screenshot of the correct positions, but it would be 1=1, 2=2, 5=5, so forth, each bin equals each tool number, in my scheme.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

I do not have time to research this in detail, but here are some pointers for those who do:

Using the "enhanced ATC" functions (e.g. with P160 = 1), CNC12 will update the bin location for each tool as it is picked up and put away, based on the "carousel position" reported by the PLC program, in the system variable SV_PLC_CAROUSEL_POSITION.

For a rack-type system, the M6 macro and the PLC program have to work together to ensure that CNC12 sees appropriate carousel position values at appropriate times.

If I recall correctly, the primary requirement is that, when the tool change sequence ends, the PLC program must be reporting -- in SV_PLC_CAROUSEL_POSITION -- the bin number from which the new tool was just picked up.

Of course, since there is not a true carousel whose rotation is controlled by the PLC, in this situation the M6 macro needs to tell the PLC -- probably through a parameter setting -- what rack position it just moved to. The macro must not be allowed to change that parameter while parsing ahead, so there needs to be an "IF #50001" wait prior to the G10 parameter-setting line.
Insect

Post by Insect »

Thanks cncsnw,

In this particular installation/symptom set
Par 160 is set to 1
Par 003 is set to 2

I have read carefully about enhanced ATC, and it seems I don't need it set to 1, but am unsure. I am sure that a rack mount tool is pretty simple and probably a common arrangement, can I get insight as to parameters 003 and 160 re: my simple rack mount atc? I am careful to not be trying to "figure out" the correct method for something that is a very common setup within the Centroid realm; is there a defined path for me on this that works?
Insect

Post by Insect »

So I have resolved this one:

Parameter 160 = 0
Parameter 3=2

I also had to comment out " ; " several lines of code in the M6 macro, just the portion shown below, and tell the wizard that a custom macro is in use.

;--Tool Touch Off Cycle Block 550
N550
;Move to Tool Touch Off Reference Location or Prompt Operator to Move to Surface Plate
;IF #9432 == 0 THEN G30 P3 G91 X0Y0Z0
;IF #9432 == 1 THEN M201 "Jog to Surface Plate\nPress Cycle Start to Continue."

;M115 /Z P[#33001] F[#33002] ;Move at fast probing rate until TT detected
;M116 /Z P-[#33001] F[#33003] ;Retract at slow probing rate until TT clears
;M115 /Z P[#33001] F[#33003] ;Move at slow probing rate until TT detected

;IF [[#9043 - 1] % 2 == 0] THEN #106 = #9071 ELSE #106 = 0 ;Check parameter 43 for subtract height option
;G92 Z[0-[#106]] ;Set Z position to 0 + detector height stored in parameter 71
;G4 P1 ;Wait 1 second
;M25 ;Move to Z-Home Position (Reference #1 Z)
G90

This has maintained bin memory over numerous runs, past couple of days, and works well. My tool #1 is the visual touch off tool as well, no touch probe.

Without the macro modification it was making me exit the run attempts on account of a touch probe not defined in parameter 11. I appreciate the help here.
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

Insect wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:42 pm So I have resolved this one:

Parameter 160 = 0
Parameter 3=2

I also had to comment out " ; " several lines of code in the M6 macro, just the portion shown below, and tell the wizard that a custom macro is in use.

;--Tool Touch Off Cycle Block 550
N550
;Move to Tool Touch Off Reference Location or Prompt Operator to Move to Surface Plate
;IF #9432 == 0 THEN G30 P3 G91 X0Y0Z0
;IF #9432 == 1 THEN M201 "Jog to Surface Plate\nPress Cycle Start to Continue."

;M115 /Z P[#33001] F[#33002] ;Move at fast probing rate until TT detected
;M116 /Z P-[#33001] F[#33003] ;Retract at slow probing rate until TT clears
;M115 /Z P[#33001] F[#33003] ;Move at slow probing rate until TT detected

;IF [[#9043 - 1] % 2 == 0] THEN #106 = #9071 ELSE #106 = 0 ;Check parameter 43 for subtract height option
;G92 Z[0-[#106]] ;Set Z position to 0 + detector height stored in parameter 71
;G4 P1 ;Wait 1 second
;M25 ;Move to Z-Home Position (Reference #1 Z)
G90

This has maintained bin memory over numerous runs, past couple of days, and works well. My tool #1 is the visual touch off tool as well, no touch probe.

Without the macro modification it was making me exit the run attempts on account of a touch probe not defined in parameter 11. I appreciate the help here.
great thanks for reporting back your solution. what kind of parts are you planning on making?
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Allin1Chris

Re: ATC functional, but gets some pockets wrong <resolved>

Post by Allin1Chris »

This is a known issue with the current version of the "Maintain a tool library" for Rack Mount Bins. The Problem seems to be caused by "lookahead" assigning the putback bin before CNC12 fully has a chance to update the bin.

Attached is the updated M6 Macro with the fix, and is part of V5.07 Rev7 +.

If you use the attached macro, you will need to set "Using Custom M6" in the ATC menu otherwise the wizard will attempt to overwrite it with the older version of the file for the time being. In addition, would set P160 back to 1 to re-enable the enhanced ATC Functionality.
Attachments
mfunc6.mac
(10.48 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

Centroid PLC Tutorial Videos
Insect

Re: ATC functional, but gets some pockets wrong <resolved>

Post by Insect »

This issue was OK for a number of operations.
Current machine setup, 5.06, then 5.06 with updated macro provided by Chris.
ATC orders thru normal work operations and thru F7 orders works perfectly as far as going to the right pockets
The machine has done a fair amount of ATC Gcode cutting, one off files with different WCS setups, etc, without issue since I last posted here.

I had two machine crashes now with damage, it plunged too deep for a face cut, due to lack of offset. At one point I noticed the T009 H--- display, then flash to the proper T009 H009 as it was approaching the workpiece.

Presently during tests, it will for example show the proper T001 H001, then switch to T009 H009, displayed properly, but, it does not do the 18mm height difference offset, This has been clearly measured and checked a few times. My tool offset chart is valid, and tool library does not show a proper pairing of each too to each height. This however would contravene the symptom, pairing to a longer tool's (001) H would result in an elevated cut, not a deep plunge. I am not a programmer, but something seems like + - error within the software on a number here, i.e. it does -18.xxx sometimes, +18.xxx other times; purely conjecture though, as my crashes are the only pointer toward this hypothesis.

Tests were done with T003 and T009, multiple times now, it no longer is symptomatic. However, just as this problem came suddenly, and was demonstrable in a calm test environment, it's now gone. I still cannot run the machine until I understand that the cause has been eliminated.

How can we resolve this?
Attachments
tool lib.PNG
report_0008DC111213-0605230121_2023-11-19_09-02-12.zip
(869.06 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
offset library.PNG
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

provide the g code being run when you had the issue.

i would test with our latest version.
https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=9412

1.) open the Wizard press CTRL P and print out the Wizard settings to pdf.
2.) install v5.07 rev15
3.) install license file
4.) copy over tool library from v5.06 cncm folder. (cncm.ol and cncm.tl) and the wcs file cncm.wcs
5.) hand enter Wizard data from step one into the v5.07 rev15 Wizard.

don't copy over any custom files from the old install.

and test with this version "completely stock"
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html