ATC functional, but gets some pockets wrong

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

cncsnw

Re: ATC functional, but gets some pockets wrong

Post by cncsnw »

The 4-digit T code (e.g. "T1717" or "T1919") is used with Lathe.

This is a Mill control. It will use a T code between 0 and 200, combined with an M6, to change tools. It will use an H code, combined with G43, to activate tool height offsets.
Insect
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Insect »

i would test with our latest version.
https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=9412

1.) open the Wizard press CTRL P and print out the Wizard settings to pdf.
2.) install v5.07 rev15
3.) install license file
4.) copy over tool library from v5.06 cncm folder. (cncm.ol and cncm.tl) and the wcs file cncm.wcs
5.) hand enter Wizard data from step one into the v5.07 rev15 Wizard.

don't copy over any custom files from the old install.

and test with this version "completely stock"
Hi, how is progress on a software without this bug? Reference video on this thread, 11-25-23, for the description of the problem.
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

Insect wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:48 pm
i would test with our latest version.
https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=9412

1.) open the Wizard press CTRL P and print out the Wizard settings to pdf.
2.) install v5.07 rev15
3.) install license file
4.) copy over tool library from v5.06 cncm folder. (cncm.ol and cncm.tl) and the wcs file cncm.wcs
5.) hand enter Wizard data from step one into the v5.07 rev15 Wizard.

don't copy over any custom files from the old install.

and test with this version "completely stock"
Hi, how is progress on a software without this bug? Reference video on this thread, 11-25-23, for the description of the problem.
you can use the provided updated macro in this thread with v5.06 right now or wait for v5.08 to release which will contain the same macro.
v5.08 hopefully sometime next week will offically release. you can use the beta right now link posted earlier in this thread.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Insect
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by Insect »

Good morning,
When provided with the updated macro, I tried it immediately on Nov 13. Then I tried the latest 5.07.r15 on Nov 21 when it was provided to me on this forum. Neither worked.

One caveats:
V5.07.r15 sets Param 160 to 1. Then it fails asking for a tool0position.cnc file. I set parameter 160 to 0, it clears that hurdle, but fails to match heights every time. Tool0pos... is not present in the folder, not sure if it should be.

Is it plausible that some volatile memory chip on the board is not well? Would it be constructive to send it back next week for examination? Is there an older version, such as 4.82 which would deliver proper function to me?
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

Insect wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:01 am Good morning,
When provided with the updated macro, I tried it immediately on Nov 13. Then I tried the latest 5.07.r15 on Nov 21 when it was provided to me on this forum. Neither worked.

One caveats:
V5.07.r15 sets Param 160 to 1. Then it fails asking for a tool0position.cnc file. I set parameter 160 to 0, it clears that hurdle, but fails to match heights every time. Tool0pos... is not present in the folder, not sure if it should be.

Is it plausible that some volatile memory chip on the board is not well? Would it be constructive to send it back next week for examination? Is there an older version, such as 4.82 which would deliver proper function to me?
ok. something is up. there is more to just copying the macro over.
please post a fresh report.zip so we can look at your current setup.
and chris will be happy to help you.
this is not a hardware issue. it is setup and programming.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Allin1Chris

Post by Allin1Chris »

One caveats:

The T0 and T255 messages tell me you did not properly Initialize the ATC. Everytime you set P160 = 1, the ATC Must be initialized. I also would try to stick to either P160 = 0 or P160 = 1 as changing this back and forth is probably adding additional confusion to this.

Here are the steps i would take, start by setting the desired setting in the wizard. After doing that (if you selected maintain tool library), ensure to initialize the ATC By going to Setup (F1) > Config (F3) > ATC Init (F6), then follow on screen instructions. Ensure Tool 1 is in the spindle when doing ATC Init. After doing this, i would copy my modified M6 macro to the C:\cncm directory, as the earlier step with the wizard may have overridden it.

At this point, Tool Changes should work properly in terms of picking up and putting back the correct tools.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

Centroid PLC Tutorial Videos
PhilipTrueman
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by PhilipTrueman »

cnckeith wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:31 pm

One caveats:

ok. something is up. there is more to just copying the macro over.
please post a fresh report.zip so we can look at your current setup.
and chris will be happy to help you.
this is not a hardware issue. it is setup and programming.
In version V5.08 The ATC section of the wizard has a place to select if a custom M6 macro is used. This needs to be put to YES otherwise the program keeps resetting the tool change macro file back to the default macro file.
rollinschris61

Post by rollinschris61 »

I’m having a similar problem, to where I have to initialize the atc on every start up because the plc for some reason forgets where it was when turned off. It remembers the tool in the spindle but not the bin location.