DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Centroid acorn router machine build

Post by Nathcr3708 »

Hello,

Help 😄

I have recently just purchased an acorn 4 controller.
I need help I recently ran everything on arduino, but it was absolutely rubbish as my machine is to big.

I have now got a 3kw spindle watercooled with 3kw vfd, I need help in wiring up the whole set up. I want to use my mains from an RCD, im in the UK so 240v. This is to then have one circuit for the vfd to the spindle.
As I have 4 PSU's and 4 drivers and 4 motors, nema 34 7.9A to set up on the acorn 4 kit on another circuit. I want to be able to set up a pwm laser and because my drivers are 5v, I have bought DB25 port to set that up.
I have bought din rail connectors and lots of e stops however, I need help with the lot. I need to know where I need to put contactors, as there's alot more wiring to the centroid equipment than arduino. I have an enclosure for everything and the spindle will be connected, to a cpu cooling system instead of a pond pump 😄. My cnc machine is 3 axis cnc router with pwm laser 1y 2y x and z axis.

In my own words what I am asking is... does anyone have a full wiring diagram for a cnc router with vfd the lot?

I would much appreciate it.
The diagrams I have been given are separate one for laser, one for vfd and one for the drivers. So that's 3 separated diagrams and I just want one for the lot
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Centroid acorn router machine build

Post by cnckeith »

full system example schematics are here.
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... browse.php

type in "acorn system" in the search bar
acorn system.png
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Nathcr3708
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No

Post by Nathcr3708 »

Hello kieth,

Thanks for that I never knew there was so many diagrams, however extra help is needed 😄.

I've tried to find one's with the vfd and spindle for a router with two y axis drives and x and z.

I'm also struggling to follow these diagrams, I'm not a full electrician, it's hard to use a diagram where the cables are not shown where to go. I know a little on electrics and I have built an aduino set up before using just a v3 control board. This is a lot different for instance I looped y1 and y2 together and that was all was needed.

I could do with a diagram that is easy to follow and is all in one, even with my drives they are 5v pulse and I would like to add pwm laser.

If you can please help me find a good diagram where its all in one. 🤔

The centroid personnel who tried helping at first gave me 3 diagrams and I could not connect all 3 together the wiring was different on all diagrams.

I'm wondering if someone has been in my position to transition over from arduino to centroid, with a cnc router and laser machine with vfd and spindle mine are 3kw.

Hope you and those who help me in my problem, get this solved.

Kind regards,
Nathan
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

well i would need a lot more detailed information about your build. start by posting a ton of photos to document everything into a online photo album and post the link to the album here.

what specifically don't you understand about the hook up schematics?
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Nathcr3708

Post by Nathcr3708 »

Hello Keith,

Sorry its been so long I've been sorting my workshop out so I can finally move.

Obviously it's all single phase 240vac UK. The vfd is 240vac and then it's converted to 3 phase I know that.
What I need help with is this.....
I have placed an RCD 40A next to the CNC machine from the consumer box in the workshop. I am wanting to have 3 circuits. The first circuit of 16A c type will have the 3kw vfd and 3kw spindle on it. Second circuit is 10A c type is 4 PSUs, 4 drivers and 4 nema 34 motors 3.5A 1600oz and Acorn 4 board with DB25 for drivers. 3rd circuit of 6A c type will have electric greaser and any other add on I will be placing a pwm laser on it as well.
What I need is how to put all this together in an enclosure with every thing connected upto all the safety features needed such as fuse breakers for each driver and PSU etc where they should be put. I know I connect them upto a 2 pole mcb on each circuit, also from the enclosures MCBs to magnetic conatctors how do I put I estop that will be connected to all 3 circuits from the magnetic contactors?
For circuit 1 should I put an ssr with an overload attachment connected to the safety relay? Where would you fit it?
The second circuit do I put a pilz safety relay in on as well?
3rd circuit do I put another safety relay?
What size fuse type breakers do I put on the PSUs and drivers?
What extra size MCBs do I need on what and where do they go?
If your able to spit off a list of everything I need when it comes to relays, fuses, MCBs, overload relays and safety relays etc I would be so greatfull at this moment my head has just popped and I'm OK working with electricity I just am confused I don't understand what everything does when it comes to all the relays I.e how do they react with everything and signal with the control board. Where do I put my estops my on and off switches with a red light when the estop is pushed and a green light when the estop is pulled out.

If anyone has already done one I would love to see how it's all wired and how I can turn that from what it is and somehow work it out how it's wired with my 3 circuits. I don't want plugs this is why I'm doing this.

It's all single phase 240vac UK

Please get back to me ASAP I'm rubbing my head on what I need to buy in terms of relays, contactors etc.

Kind regards,
Nathan
Attachments
20240416_161421.jpg
20240416_161357.jpg
20240416_161352_001.jpg
20240416_161331.jpg
20240416_161327.jpg
20240416_161320.jpg
20240416_161249.jpg
20240416_161240.jpg
Last edited by Nathcr3708 on Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

ok great, take tons of photos. that is the best way to convey the info!
Nathcr3708

Post by Nathcr3708 »

OK mate I will go in the workshop as soon as I'm back I will spread everything out on the cnc machine and show you everything I have so far to fit. I've ripped out all the old stuff that was wired up for arduino. I got new everything to go into the enclosure. I will get back to you in about an hour or so mate. Thank you.
Attachments
20240416_162622.jpg
20240416_162609.jpg
20240416_162410.jpg
20240416_161709.jpg
20240416_161649.jpg
20240416_161630.jpg
20240416_161613.jpg
20240416_161430.jpg
Nathcr3708

Post by Nathcr3708 »

So in this and in my post from yesterday arr all the pictures.
I have the correct cable I just need to know with 3 circuits as said in my last how to wire it up and what MCBs I need for the enclosure how to attach a kill switch connected to all three circuits and on of switches, what safety relays I should have etc. Please look at yesterday's post for all information.
Let me know what i need to get to do this.
Cheers kieth
Nathcr3708

Post by Nathcr3708 »

I know it all needs cleaning I've had the parts for 4 months 😄. I have a hp desktop as seen it has 6 CPUs which are all the correct spec for the software. I have not bought the software from centroid yet as I want to tackle this first. As said I want to add a pwm laser aswell if there's anything more you need please let me know.
Cheers kieth
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

hi, please put all the photos in a online google photos album here is how. #3
https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043