CNC Control System Serial Number: 544538045567-0616237311
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Touch Screen Monitors

Post by djbeede »

martyscncgarage wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:32 am
Muzzer wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:03 am Marty - the Viewsonic touchscreens I'm seeing currently seem to be based on IR sensors. Do they still make the resistive ones you refer to? I couldn't see any.
https://www.viewsonic.com/uk/products/lcd/TD2223
The link I posted from Amazon (US) are the resistive monitors. They still make them, they had a chip shortage that was affecting supply. They had hoped to have them back in stock at some of their resellers by now. (I spoke with their sales team) I thought it was discontinue so I reached out.

TD2210 is a good monitor. Gary turned me on to it some time ago.
Marty
Hey Marty,
I purchased a ViewSonic TD2210 that arrived a couple of days ago. I'm wondering about the pressure required to activate it. I understand the "resistive" aspect is to minimize accidental activation but I'm having to press repeatedly to get it to trigger. I'm using the stand it comes with which has more flex than I would like - wondering if it needs to be held more firmly? With little experience of control touch screens - I'm needing to figure out if it's a defective unit or me? I got it through Amazon so returning is easy enough but it was a bit challenging to find one. Perhaps I should make a video of how it's behaving?
Appreciate any tips and input. Thanks.
David
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

djbeede wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:04 am
martyscncgarage wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:32 am
Muzzer wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:03 am Marty - the Viewsonic touchscreens I'm seeing currently seem to be based on IR sensors. Do they still make the resistive ones you refer to? I couldn't see any.
https://www.viewsonic.com/uk/products/lcd/TD2223
The link I posted from Amazon (US) are the resistive monitors. They still make them, they had a chip shortage that was affecting supply. They had hoped to have them back in stock at some of their resellers by now. (I spoke with their sales team) I thought it was discontinue so I reached out.

TD2210 is a good monitor. Gary turned me on to it some time ago.
Marty
Hey Marty,
I purchased a ViewSonic TD2210 that arrived a couple of days ago. I'm wondering about the pressure required to activate it. I understand the "resistive" aspect is to minimize accidental activation but I'm having to press repeatedly to get it to trigger. I'm using the stand it comes with which has more flex than I would like - wondering if it needs to be held more firmly? With little experience of control touch screens - I'm needing to figure out if it's a defective unit or me? I got it through Amazon so returning is easy enough but it was a bit challenging to find one. Perhaps I should make a video of how it's behaving?
Appreciate any tips and input. Thanks.
David
Sounds like a bad one. Simple press is all that is needed. I use a VESA mounting bracket that screws to the back of the monitor.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
djbeede
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by djbeede »

I'm happy to report it turned out to be the flexi mount. As soon as I stabilized it, it got more responsive.
Thanks Marty - (I've learned a lot from your many instructive videos!)
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

djbeede wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:59 pm I'm happy to report it turned out to be the flexi mount. As soon as I stabilized it, it got more responsive.
Thanks Marty - (I've learned a lot from your many instructive videos!)
Good to hear. So the monitor was moving when you pressed on it?

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
djbeede
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by djbeede »

Exactly. A combination of the stand it came with and it was on a pivoting adjustable stand that used to hold a laptop. Both together were just too much flex. I a rigged a temporary support of it, and it started working fine. I'll have to keep looking for a more permanent solution. It's good to know its not the unit.
David