CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

E-stop config for router

Post by goldriverww »

Hello... it's me again...

I think I'm pretty well set up thanks to the help from you folks here on the forum...

Simple question (hopefully)... I just want to be sure I'm on the right track hooking up the E-Stop switch & contactor in accordance with the S15102.DWG schematic. I'm aware of the fact there's no EXACT configuration to adhere to between "generic" machines...

But if anyone could suggest the likely hook ups for this machine, I'd appreciate it.

Is there a possibility I should just leave those switches, wiring & the E-Stop button hooked up as is?
Or would there be a conflict between that approach & the Acorn system??

The last few pics in the album (below) illustrate what's in the box (front & inside)
Bottom switch is main power ON... red button is obvious... top (green ) button is power to the box (again)... black button below it kills the power...
(to the old NcStudio system, anyway. Since I have yet to power up the updated system, I don't know what effects any of them will have at this point.)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nwpWh1ZJpWhsQ65FA

Also... If possible, I'd simply like some input regarding wiring from the relay board outputs at position 1 (I'm not familiar with the "Coil Power/ACH element.)
Schematic shows 2 leads coming out, and I'm not clear on where they should tie into the switch(s)/contactors present. S15102.DWG schematic

One more subject...
On schematic: S14983.DWG... There is a lead coming from OUT position 6 to VFD COM... and on the S15102.DWG (Servo drive) schematic it shows the lower contact on Relay # 6 leading out to the CN1 pin 33 line.
Is this accurate?

Any help appreciated.
centroid467
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC12: No

Re: E-stop config for router

Post by centroid467 »

Regarding schematics S15102 and S14983: The central (COMMON) terminal of relay output 6 is tied to logic GND. This should be VFD logic COM and the 24V COM shown on S15102. They should be tied together. The lower Normally Open terminal should connect to the reset lines for the VFD and servo drives. So, pin 33 for each Delta drive and the VFD reset input all go to that terminal.

You should wire the E-stop switch and contactor according to S15102 regardless.
You can wire up the start/stop buttons to spare inputs. I would leave the start/stop buttons disconnected until everything else is working as it should. This way you know they are not causing problems while setting everything else up and you'll know if you have the spare inputs for them or not.
goldriverww
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by goldriverww »

Okay Guys...
I guess it's time to throw in the towel. I've been chasing this thing for weeks now, and even with the help I've gotten from you on the forum, I feel like I'm going backwards.
Started out with the bench test... TWICE... and all was good.
Then started trying to figure out the next dozen steps re: wiring into the existing machine.

To date, I've added the Dell Optiplex Windows 10 Pro desktop, rewired 4 CN1 Serial Connectors (44 pin)... adding 4 leads to the previous 4 totaling 8 per connector as suggested), followed the schematics... double, triple, and quadruple checked and followed the suggestions offered by the folks trying to help.
But now, having finally attempting to "power up"... I have a virtual Christmas Tree of flashing red & green lights, NO heartbeat (after a few seconds with power.
Acorn Vid.mp4
(10.75 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
I had downloaded the CNC12 link, which was working, however now I have no communication between the Acorn and the Desktop Computer... as a matter of fact, my desktop will not even connect with the Centroid website while connected via Wi-Fi to the I-net. (It's not my connection, because everything else will load thru the browser, and my laptop is sitting here 2 feet from the system).
My final step may be to de-brick it... that seems easier than disconnecting all of the wires I've painstakingly routed and attached.

I'm at my wit's end, and this thing is exhausting me mentally & financially! :shock:
Not to mention... the fact that the CNC machine that's supposed to be up & running by now, is simply a tool bench for all of the stuff I'm using to TRY to get it functional.

I'm not suggesting anyone is at fault, other than moi for hoping this would be simpler endeavor.

Perhaps I've overlooked something? (again)
If the attached video sheds any light... please advise. Otherwise, I'll look for someone who can use the system (provided it's not defective in some way... as mentioned it bench tested originally... hearbeat & all).

Thanks
Attachments
Acorn Vid.mp4
(10.75 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

1st step is to bench test the Acorn Board with your CNC PC have you done that?

bench test means nothing connected to the Acorn board but logic power and ethernet cable

https://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersuppo ... 952.r3.pdf
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

run the PC tuner on your PC
download here.
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... loads.html

follow this video.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

your video shows classic mis wire.

go back to bench test see schematic i posted above.
goldriverww

Post by goldriverww »

I'll do that again...

Gee... "classic mis-wire"... dya think? lol That narrows it down!

However YES... when I performed the original bench test, the desktop and software was up & running...

And... I had run the "tuner" originally... however as mentioned, now NOTHING connects.

Just hate the fact that I'm into this for a few weeks now, and starting out at square one...
Nobody's fault... I'm not gonna go "Alice" on you guys! (Yeah, I read her online rants from a while back! lol)

All I know (for sure) is it's getting closer to Happy Hour here on the West Coast! :P
centroid467
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC12: No

Post by centroid467 »

I'd try unplugging and plugging the ethernet cable back in on the computer end. Sometimes you just need the PC to reset the network hardware. If that fails, then triple check the network configuration. If that doesn't work: stop for the day, enjoy happy hour, and come back another day with a clear head :)
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

bench test and then add one thing at a time. sop system building that way you isolate what your issue is and its not such an overwhelming unknown.
and you will get better help.
goldriverww

Post by goldriverww »

Okay guys... but before I take centroid467's advice...

Just let me say I tried another bench test after disconnecting everything down to the initial components.
Plugged in Ethernet as directed... plugged in Logic/Power supply... everything went red LEDs momentarily ... all I/O .

The power logic led was steady green as was the lower green on the board.
Had a "heartbeat" for a few seconds... then lost it... and the green LEDs on the logic & Acorn board began blinking...
I unplugged.

Oh... and when I try to start the CNC 12 app... now I get an error message telling me it can't locate the 10-168-41.1
I'm guessing I have to venture into the ethernet properties and plug in the address as well as the subnet mask 255.255.255.0?

As far as re-checking network config... I had done that prior to the bench test... when I was having trouble contacting Centroid online (seems like only the SALES page loads... go figger! LOL)
I've got the entire cabinet elevated on a rolling cart, so I'll have to drag it off with the forklift... again... but that'll be tomorrow, I guess...

I've had enuff abuse for one day!
Enjoy your evenings... assuming you're somewhat EAST of me!