Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: We are working on Adding Rapid Override controls to the VCP

Post by cnckeith »

this is current default proposed UI. you can of course just like the rest of the VCP change colors and outlines and words/symbols, image swaps etc to your hearts content.
all three modes.png
Linked means the + - and 25,50,75,100% buttons affect both Rapid and Feedrate the same % value at the same time.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Ken Rychlik
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 80F5B5B92C3A-0213236854
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Ken Rychlik »

Could the rapid/feed button have a light on top and bottom to show what is enabled? I would think like the x1 x10 x100 buttons to where when one is selected it flips the others off.
Ken
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

Ken Rychlik wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:47 pm Could the rapid/feed button have a light on top and bottom to show what is enabled? I would think like the x1 x10 x100 buttons to where when one is selected it flips the others off.
hello. are you proposing something different than what i showed? my design does have an LED that acts just like the other dual selection buttons on the VCP. like the fast/slow button, auto/man etc..
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Ken Rychlik

Post by Ken Rychlik »

cnckeith wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:16 pm
Ken Rychlik wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:47 pm Could the rapid/feed button have a light on top and bottom to show what is enabled? I would think like the x1 x10 x100 buttons to where when one is selected it flips the others off.
hello. are you proposing something different than what i showed? my design does have an LED that acts just like the other dual selection buttons on the VCP. like the fast/slow button, auto/man etc..
Yes, After using it a while, the turtle light makes sense, but for newer users, it is not as easy to keep up with compared to how Keith sees it. I changed the M3 button to go Red when the spindle is on. It could be a light for both states, or a button that changes pics depending on the current state of it.

I'm on about system 8 and I didn't know rapid over meant rapid override. It could mean rapid over to there. At least when it's with the Rapid override buttons, rapid over will make more sense. Call me dumb, but I've been running machines for 20 years, and not everything you understand is obvious for me.

My crude button attached shows the state. It could be red outline or whatever. If the Red were under the Feed then that would be the state. Both could be Red if linked. If you clicked the same button, it could be all 3 states by clicking the one button.

My only other thought is if you want it to be a certain state when you start cn12 a box in the wizard like the fast/slow jog option on startup would be nice.
Attachments
RAPID.png
Ken
Nigelo
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA80C8B8-0905181172
E415F6F70BC3-0318203049
98F07B91FC6B-0123236802

Post by Nigelo »

Sorry Ken but I just don't agree. Keith's solution above maintains the existing clean, look and feel of Centroid software and that's far more important to both existing and new Users alike. You cannot have a mismatch between controls on the same interface especially where real estate is at a premium.

Just my 2 cents
Hope this helps
Nigel

"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot force it to drink"
tblough
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

cnckeith wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:29 pm one button to toggle
feed over mock up 1.png
feed over mock up 1.png (49.89 KiB) Viewed 4791 times
rapid over mock up 1.png
rapid over mock up 1.png (46.6 KiB) Viewed 4791 times
+1 for retaining the same indicator behavior as the rest of the UI buttons on the feed/rapid button. I also like the background change of the override section when in rapid override mode.

I'm just hoping there's a way to implement this on the physical control panels for those of us who don't use the VCPs on a lot of our machines.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

tblough wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:26 pm
cnckeith wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:29 pm one button to toggle
feed over mock up 1.png
rapid over mock up 1.png
I'm just hoping there's a way to implement this on the physical control panels for those of us who don't use the VCPs on a lot of our machines.
working on that now.. there will be two options. i will reveal soon.
Ken Rychlik

Post by Ken Rychlik »

Toms pic looks good. I understand keeping the same style button. So with Toms you can select one, both, or neither?
Ken
tblough
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Those aren't "Toms" pics. Those are pics Keith posted earlier. There is a Feed/Rapid button and indicator that works exactly like the turtle/rabbit for jogging or the auto/man button for the spindle.

In addition to the normal button operation, Keith also has the background color of the override area change to a darker color when in rapid override mode.

I actually prefer the ONE button to toggle in Keith's second set of pics over the first set I quoted earlier with the separate rapid snd feed buttons.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

tblough wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:02 pm Those aren't "Toms" pics. Those are pics Keith posted earlier. There is a Feed/Rapid button and indicator that works exactly like the turtle/rabbit for jogging or the auto/man button for the spindle.

In addition to the normal button operation, Keith also has the background color of the override area change to a darker color when in rapid override mode.

I actually prefer the ONE button to toggle in Keith's second set of pics over the first set I quoted earlier with the separate rapid snd feed buttons.
yep we are going with the second set of images. one button toggle.

also Rapid Override, Feedrate Override , and Spindle Speed Override KNOBS are coming, the new knob panel features Plug and Play USB communication so it does not require any wiring and uses no inputs or any other connection to the CNC controller.
lmc.png