Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Spindle control on board using 0-12vdc adjustable pot

Post by mikecowhey »

So basically I have a new mill that my acorn has been moved over to and I have everything working (including spindle forward/reverse) minus spindle speed control thru acorn. I would like to use the motor control board for the time being if at all possible but I am not 100% sure the controller will be capable of playing nice with acorn. The controller is a pretty basic low cost (from what I can gather) 3 phase AC motor control. It has 2 spade connector and 1 ground for 240VAC input. 4 spade (3 power 1 case ground) out to the motor, A 6 pin screw lock header for the adjustable pot and spindle forward/reverse switch as well as a couple of other connectors for various other things (fans, E-stop, ribbon cable for something , Etc..)

So I just went out and tested the voltage supply for the Pot and it is a 12VCD signal (12vdc being full throttle). I have sent Precision Matthews an email asking of there is better documentation on the controller, so I am waiting to hear back from them. In the mean time I thought I would ask here. Also to note, it is probably over kill for this application but I also have a KBSI-240D that I was originally going to use on the other mill that had a treadmill motor/controller on it and was under the impression I would need it for this one also but now I am not so sure. It looks like I might need something else, documentation says the 240D output is limited to 10vdc.

Thanks.
Mike