Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Lathe Turret Parameters

Post by DLAM »

All, I am looking for parameters that control the tool changer in lathe configuration. I had the turret motor for positioning the tool turret in my lathe go out (anyone know what motor is used in an old EMCOTURN 220 for the tool turret). The closest one I could find will have to come from Europe so I am shifting to a quick change tool post so the machine can get back to work for a little bit. I found Parameter 6 for auto tool changer installed. I set that to 0, but there is more to do than just that one. I tried manually changing the tool in MIDI and it changes but it waits for memory #52 then it times out.
I am running CNC12 lathe V4.5
I attaching a current report/

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank You
Attachments
report_F045DA7F9063-0111191533_2023-05-28_15-28-32.zip
(756.22 KiB) Not downloaded yet
cncsnw

Re: Lathe Turret Parameters

Post by cncsnw »

In addition to changing P6 to 0, try deleting or renaming cnctch.mac.

Then it should fall back on default manual tool-change behavior, which is to simply wait for you to change tools and press Cycle Start.
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Lathe Turret Parameters

Post by cnckeith »

DLAM wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:48 pm All, I am looking for parameters that control the tool changer in lathe configuration. I had the turret motor for positioning the tool turret in my lathe go out (anyone know what motor is used in an old EMCOTURN 220 for the tool turret). The closest one I could find will have to come from Europe so I am shifting to a quick change tool post so the machine can get back to work for a little bit. I found Parameter 6 for auto tool changer installed. I set that to 0, but there is more to do than just that one. I tried manually changing the tool in MIDI and it changes but it waits for memory #52 then it times out.
I am running CNC12 lathe V4.5
I attaching a current report/

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank You
you may be interested... Acorn Wizard lathe turret support has been added to the v5.0+ Wizard, it is a free download.
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... loads.html
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html