Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: CNC 12 5.02 ATC questions

Post by cnckeith »

and fyi...the v5.0+ wizard has a CTRL P feature which will automatically create screen shots of the Wizard pages for you.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
avp
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: E062346A1C67-0716214939
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by avp »

cnckeith wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:11 pm bill, i'll send you the latest Release candidate so you can test with it.
no on using restore report. this will overwrite parameter settings and since the software has new features it would break them.

restore report only works within the same version.

for instance v4.82 report works with v4.82

v5.02 report work with v5.02

the report is not designed for updating a system. it is designed to Restore a system (such as installing a new PC on a cnc machine, replacing a failed Hard drive etc) or an easy way to copy CNC config/machine settings to another like/identical machine using same version of CNC12.

in v5.20 we will add a "import report" feature into the wizard, the wizard will strip out the old good data and combine it with the new, effectively becoming a way to update to a new version of CNC12 software with an old report.zip.
Great, thanks. I figured that on the report, just wanted to ask. I understand. Will check out 5.04 RC4
Bill
avp
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: E062346A1C67-0716214939
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by avp »

I could not find any info about this.
So I have my rack ATC setup with 15 tools with corresponding bin numbers and related height offsets, all works great.
My question is: How do I handle any tools above the 15 tools that I have setup in bin numbers? How do I add them? I know that will not be automatically changed but how do I get cnc12 to ask if I want to manually load a tool and get the correct height offset with a number that doesn't have a bin number?

Bill