CNC Control System Serial Number: E062346A1C67-0716214939
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

CNC 12 5.02 ATC questions

Post by avp »

Hello all,

Installed 5.02 and configured everything. All seems to work good so far. I had a few unique situations that needed M codes to be placed in certain places for extending my tool rack and retracting my dust shoe.
Chris here helped me out with that, Appreciate it.

I do have a question on auto measuring the tools on the rack. When going to setup and auto measure tools, since my fixed TT is mounted to my tool rack what is happening is that the value it is measuring is subtracting the value of my TT that I have setup in the probe section. I need it to not subtract that height when measuring the tools but it needs to be there when I do an Auto Z to plate to set Z 0. I use another movable TT to set Z 0

How can this be accomplished?
Attachments
IMG_7842.jpg
report_E062346A1C67-0716214939_2023-05-20_11-40-17.zip
(803.45 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Allin1Chris
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: CNC 12 5.02 ATC questions

Post by Allin1Chris »

Hello AVP,

Your question made me look into this a little and its possible but not apparent via the wizard.

Set "Subtract TT Height" to No in the wizard in the Tool Touch Off Menu. Ensure you keep the "Use TT for Z-Reference" and a value for your tool touch offset height.

In addition, i attached an updated M44 macro for the touch plate VCP button (assuming you useing this), place the updated m44 macro into your C:\cncm folder.

This setup should apply the Height to Part Z 0 but not the tool offset library measurements.
Attachments
mfunc44.mac
(2.05 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

Centroid PLC Tutorial Videos
avp
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No

Post by avp »

Hello,
Setting it up that way did correct the tool height offset measurements. I also overwrote the original mfunc44 macro. Seems to work fine. What I can't seem to figure out though is why I am getting a Z axis travel exceeded. I used the auto Z to plate button to do the initial Z to the top of the part, which kicks off the 44 macro correct? Interestingly I never really used this method since in 4.82 I use the Probe app to set the initial Z. The auto Z to plate in 4.82 gives me the same Z axis exceeded message on line 45. I will post fist portion of g-code and report. What am I missing?
Bill
test file 1.cnc
(18.13 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Allin1Chris

Post by Allin1Chris »

Hello AVP,

Are you sure you set your Z0 correctly?

When you touched off to find Part Z 0, did you currently have the correct Tool height Selected? (G43 H3 for example for Tool 3's height offset?)

According to your report, you have 13 inches of travel and your Part Z 0 is currently 11.2, leaving you with very little room for 5 inch + long tools. Makes me think your Part Z 0 was not set properly.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

avp

Post by avp »

Hi Chris,
That is what I am trying to figure out. It doesn't seem to be picking up the height offset for some reason.
Allin1Chris

Post by Allin1Chris »

Try adding the following line to the M6 Macro by the end similar to your dust shoe macro, This will set the height offset after tool change.

Code: Select all

G43 H#4120

avp

Post by avp »

I added it to the M6 macro, no change, it may need to be there as well after an actual change, I'm not sure. I then added it to the end of the M44 macro, At the end of the Auto Z to plate tool touch off process I do see it set the H so T3 H3 on screen. Then when I hit cycle start H3 goes to just H and then get the z axis exceeded.
Bill
Allin1Chris

Post by Allin1Chris »

Top Right of the screen should say something like "T1 H1" or "T2 H2" after tool change with addition of the G43, before it would only change the Tool #. Should be no need for this to be in M44.

But for your job, the only thought i have on that is that your tool offsets are incorrect or where you have Z0 is incorrect. The Job does a G43 H3 for tool 3 properly. The issue is your Z0 is -11.2, Your tool offset is roughly -5 inches (meaning its shorter) in the job you command Z1 (It wants to go down an additional 4 inches), your software travel limit is -13 so it gives you the error as the 4 inches of travel surpasses this limit.

Try changing to the tool and ensuring H3 or which ever tool you have is, then Jog the DRO to the positions the job is trying to command too, should see if you do have clearance for that move or not. Maybe your software limit is not setup correctly, tool offsets, or part Z 0.

avp

Post by avp »

I agree, It is a part Z 0 thing that is not setting correctly. Tool offsets are correct. The -13 is the lowest I would ever like my Z to come down. It is low enough that without any tool in it it is just a little above the spoil board. I was under the impression that the auto Z to plate would correctly set the part zero. Both in machine and work coordinates. Maybe I am just doing something wrong, or I just used to the way the probe app sets Z zero. That works all the time. seems so simple though.
avp

Post by avp »

Still trying to figure out what is going on here. So yesterday I switched over the my 5.02 version to try to run a job. I used auto Z to plate to set Z zero.
Job ran fine with no Z axis limit exceeded message at the beginning of the file. All tool height offsets and cutting depths were great as expected. I was surprised it just worked but happy.

So today I go to run another job, same thing I did yesterday after powering up the machine and it happened again. Does anyone have an idea of what may be happening with setting the initial Z zero for a job?
IMG_7887.jpg