Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: E0623464B717-0628226384
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Probe App “tool check”

Post by RoxanaPS »

Anyone ever figure out how to get the Probe App to work with the Tool Check function of Acorn? I want the probe app to set design height and measure the Tulane and then I start the job but if at any point, I need to do a tool check to make an adjustment or make any kind of a change when I’m done, and I click on cycle start the tool goes back down to the same spot where it was, where I left off, but it starts cutting at the Z height that is twice what it was originally set to. So the probeapp has never worked successfully with the pool check function and I’m just wondering if anybody ever figured out why.
CNCMaryland
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA7CBF8b-103011290

Re: Probe App “tool check”

Post by CNCMaryland »

Not clear what you are trying to do. Tool Check is used when the program is running, and you need to stop the machine and retract the Z to the Top.

I use Probe App and the 2 have nothing to do with each other.
swissi
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Post by swissi »

RoxanaPS wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:15 am Anyone ever figure out how to get the Probe App to work with the Tool Check function of Acorn? I want the probe app to set design height and measure the Tulane and then I start the job but if at any point, I need to do a tool check to make an adjustment or make any kind of a change when I’m done, and I click on cycle start the tool goes back down to the same spot where it was, where I left off, but it starts cutting at the Z height that is twice what it was originally set to. So the probeapp has never worked successfully with the pool check function and I’m just wondering if anybody ever figured out why.
As CNCMaryland already said, the Tool Check Function has nothing to do with the ProbeApp. The ProbeApp is a tool to assist in setting the WCS Z0 point in a more convenient way. The end result is the same as if you set WCS Z0 directly in CNC12 so if something doesn't work as expected after WCS Z0 has been set, it's highly unlikely that it has anything to do with the ProbeApp but you are not providing enough information to determine the source of your problem. My guess is that it has something to do with tool height offsets.

You need to provide a step by step description of what you are doing with screen shots that show the whole CNC12 screen with the results of each step. It needs to be in a form that allows us to follow and reproduce each step in order to pinpoint your issue.

Also post a copy of a fresh report files as well as a copy of the file c:\cncm\probing\ProbeApp.cfg.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
RoxanaPS

Post by RoxanaPS »

swissi wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:40 pm
RoxanaPS wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:15 am Anyone ever figure out how to get the Probe App to work with the Tool Check function of Acorn? I want the probe app to set design height and measure the Tulane and then I start the job but if at any point, I need to do a tool check to make an adjustment or make any kind of a change when I’m done, and I click on cycle start the tool goes back down to the same spot where it was, where I left off, but it starts cutting at the Z height that is twice what it was originally set to. So the probeapp has never worked successfully with the pool check function and I’m just wondering if anybody ever figured out why.
As CNCMaryland already said, the Tool Check Function has nothing to do with the ProbeApp. The ProbeApp is a tool to assist in setting the WCS Z0 point in a more convenient way. The end result is the same as if you set WCS Z0 directly in CNC12 so if something doesn't work as expected after WCS Z0 has been set, it's highly unlikely that it has anything to do with the ProbeApp but you are not providing enough information to determine the source of your problem. My guess is that it has something to do with tool height offsets.

You need to provide a step by step description of what you are doing with screen shots that show the whole CNC12 screen with the results of each step. It needs to be in a form that allows us to follow and reproduce each step in order to pinpoint your issue.

Also post a copy of a fresh report files as well as a copy of the file c:\cncm\probing\ProbeApp.cfg.

-swissi
If I do not run the probe app to set my Z height for the tool, the tool check works fine. If I do use the Probe APP it retracts the Z to the top and then when I hit "cycle start" it only goes down part way and starts cutting ABOVE the Z height set by the probe app. If I DO NOT use the probe app to set the Z height the tool check function works fine. So my assumption is that Acorn and the probe app are not getting along on this one function for some reason.
swissi

Post by swissi »

RoxanaPS wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:08 pm

-swissi
If I do not run the probe app to set my Z height for the tool, the tool check works fine. If I do use the Probe APP it retracts the Z to the top and then when I hit "cycle start" it only goes down part way and starts cutting ABOVE the Z height set by the probe app. If I DO NOT use the probe app to set the Z height the tool check function works fine. So my assumption is that Acorn and the probe app are not getting along on this one function for some reason.
If what you are saying is true, you must be mixing tool height offset methods between ProbeApp and CNC12 but unless you provide the detailed information I asked for above I won't be able to pinpoint the problem.

You can email me that info directly if that's easier for you.

-swissi
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

RoxanaPS

Post by RoxanaPS »

swissi wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:47 pm

-swissi
If what you are saying is true, you must be mixing tool height offset methods between ProbeApp and CNC12 but unless you provide the detailed information I asked for above I won't be able to pinpoint the problem.

-swissi
I will post the report today. Thanks.
RoxanaPS

Post by RoxanaPS »

-swissi

-swissi
Sorry for the delay. Here is my report.
Attachments
report_E0623464B717-0628226384_2023-05-20_08-14-02.zip
(837.2 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
swissi

Post by swissi »

RoxanaPS wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:32 am

-swissi
The report file alone does not give me enough information to trouble shoot your problem. This is what I need in addition:
  • A copy of the file c:\cncm\probing\ProbeApp.cfg
  • A step by step description how you are setting WCS Z0 with the ProbeApp (which Probing Cycles/Screens are you using within the ProbeApp)
The ProbeApp has many different ways to set WCS Z0 based on the type of machine setup so if I don't know the steps you are making I can't investigate the problem.

-swissi

RoxanaPS

Post by RoxanaPS »

swissi wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:34 am
RoxanaPS wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:32 am

-swissi
The report file alone does not give me enough information to trouble shoot your problem. This is what I need in addition:
  • A copy of the file c:\cncm\probing\ProbeApp.cfg
  • A step by step description how you are setting WCS Z0 with the ProbeApp (which Probing Cycles/Screens are you using within the ProbeApp)
The ProbeApp has many different ways to set WCS Z0 based on the type of machine setup so if I don't know the steps you are making I can't investigate the problem.

-swissi
Centroid forum rules will not let me send the ProbeApp.cfg file. It says it is the wrong kind of file. can I email it to you?

The way I use the app is: I load a project. Then I click on "Cycle Start" then the probe app starts. I then use the double touch off method and it measures off the machine bed and then it measures the tool at my stationary tool touch off.
tblough
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Just add a ".txt" to the cfg file, like this - " ProbeApp.cfg.txt", and you'll be able to upload it.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.