changing tool numbers...always learning >>Probe Calibration!!!

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

lavrgs
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

changing tool numbers...always learning >>Probe Calibration!!!

Post by lavrgs »

I decided to rearrange tool numbers as some items that I used often were at the back of the rack...One of the items I changed was my touch probe. When I got back to work I found that my probe was acting weird and I need to get some stuff done, so I used my favorite edge finder - the one that used to click when it was at the point of contact...well it's gone...I lost my edge finding skills 9-(. But the point is... you need to CALIBRATE your probe. I use ProbeApp so it's easy .... The probe was Setting 0-0 offset from the corner by 0.500 in Y and Y...guess what diameter tool was reordered to where the probe landed...?
I have gotten so used to using the probe as it is so easy AND it's more accurate than my second favorite edge finder...8-)

HTH
swissi
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: changing tool numbers...always learning >>Probe Calibration!!!

Post by swissi »

lavrgs wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:19 am I decided to rearrange tool numbers as some items that I used often were at the back of the rack...One of the items I changed was my touch probe. When I got back to work I found that my probe was acting weird and I need to get some stuff done, so I used my favorite edge finder - the one that used to click when it was at the point of contact...well it's gone...I lost my edge finding skills 9-(. But the point is... you need to CALIBRATE your probe. I use ProbeApp so it's easy .... The probe was Setting 0-0 offset from the corner by 0.500 in Y and Y...guess what diameter tool was reordered to where the probe landed...?
I have gotten so used to using the probe as it is so easy AND it's more accurate than my second favorite edge finder...8-)

HTH
Keep in mind that CNC12 needs to know the T# of your Touch Probe for probing to work properly. So if you assign the Touch Probe to a different T#, you need to adjust CNC12 Machine Parameter 12 with the newly assigned T#.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com