Axis Driven Lathe Turret Parameters to Limit or Stop Reversal of Turret on Prolight 3000

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

ozarkwoodworker
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Axis Driven Lathe Turret Parameters to Limit or Stop Reversal of Turret on Prolight 3000

Post by ozarkwoodworker »

Allin1Chris wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:57 pm Some turrets require to reverse to lock the turret in place. Even though perhaps not the best solution, but the idea was that the motor would reverse enough to lock and any remaining travel, the motor will "burn" through the rest of its movement.
My turret has to reverse to lock in. My real question was why is the default set to 0.5 of a turret position or half a position? That half a position nearly broke my turret. The most mine goes is 0.001 of a rotation. I was wondering what machine has a turret that can handle half a position? I was really asking to see if I'm doing something wrong with my 0.001 rotation setting.

The M21 macro worked great!

I made the changes to the M18 macro, but I couldn't get it to do anything. I've attached a copy of it. When I execute it the motor doesn't turn at all, and nothing happens. My switch is connected to input 1. By default the input is NO until the switch is released at the index to be NC

Thanks,
Ray
Attachments
20230428_104620.jpg
20230428_104602.jpg
report_E415F6F18225-1124204088_2023-05-08_13-34-15.zip
(798.8 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
mfunc18.mac
(1.8 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Allin1Chris
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Axis Driven Lathe Turret Parameters to Limit or Stop Reversal of Turret on Prolight 3000

Post by Allin1Chris »

ozarkwoodworker wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 2:36 pm My turret has to reverse to lock in. My real question was why is the default set to 0.5 of a turret position or half a position? That half a position nearly broke my turret. The most mine goes is 0.001 of a rotation. I was wondering what machine has a turret that can handle half a position? I was really asking to see if I'm doing something wrong with my 0.001 rotation setting.
I see, honestly dont have a good answer for this. We mostly relied on user feedback for these macro's and your the first one to point it out. I would agree that perhaps a whole half a tool would probably be a lot. Changing the stock amount to be much less or none at all may be safer. Let me know what value you use for forward/reverse amounts.
ozarkwoodworker wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 2:36 pm I made the changes to the M18 macro, but I couldn't get it to do anything. I've attached a copy of it. When I execute it the motor doesn't turn at all, and nothing happens. My switch is connected to input 1. By default the input is NO until the switch is released at the index to be NC
Try setting P number negative so it says P-50001 (This will look for the switch to close instead of open).
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

Centroid PLC Tutorial Videos
ozarkwoodworker

Changing the stock amount to none might be the safest option. A user should probably get their revs/degree figured out first, before it starts reversing to lock in, since it isn't time based like with the DC motor turrets. As long as it is documented well, I don't think a user would mind. It would be nice if this was just a parameter setting, and I would add it to the ATC wizard screen when a user selects Axis Driven Turret. I use the following values:

Code: Select all

G53 A[#102 + 0.2]
G53 A[#102 - 0.001]
The negative worked, but I need the turret to reverse to lock in place before it sets the home position. This is what I have right now on M18:

;Move A axis to Switch
M106 /A P-50001 F100;This is input 1, change the 50001 to your input
G98 G91 G01 A-0.2 F10

;Home Axis so DRO reads "1"
M26 /A L[#102]
I've tried a few different variations, but I keep getting an error message stating that the code is invalid g code. (G01 A-0.2 F10)

Thanks,
Ray
Allin1Chris
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Allin1Chris »

Your likely getting that error due to the G91 (that G-code is not supported in lathe).

I would do this by moving in machine coordinates with G53, and subtract the amount you want to move from the current A axis machine position (#5024). L10 sets the feedrate to 10 for this move.

;Move A axis to Switch
M106 /A P-50001 F100;This is input 1, change the 50001 to your input

G53 A[#5024 - 0.2] L10

;Home Axis so DRO reads "1"
M26 /A L[#102]
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

Centroid PLC Tutorial Videos
ozarkwoodworker

I made these changes to the m18 function.

I didn't receive any error messages this time, but turret only moved -0.2. Then it labeled that as home.

50001 is the input for the turret. It is in input 1.
ozarkwoodworker

I have everything working perfectly with this turret. I'll post all my files and settings for anyone else with this turret soon.