Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Can I do anything with Haas servos and "smart amplifiers"

Post by Jerminator96 »

occustoms wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:55 pm Im using these 1.5kw on my mazak lathe i converted. Manuals in english and work very well. Cant be them for the price. Prolly gonna order same ones for my 4020 mill conversion too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115013372472?var=415508845552
Well that's definitely the budget option. How long have you been running the Mazak with this setup? Production or just hobby work? Was it easy to set up Acorn to work with those drivers?
Jerminator96
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by Jerminator96 »

jpmsteadi wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:43 am I'd say if you are doing acorn just go with clearpath servos. simple, easy and reliable.
Thanks for the recommendation. They definitely have some options that look like a good fit. Do you guys generally buy direct from the manufacturer, or does this group have a preferred vendor? I always like to support the vendors who support the community, when possible.
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
CNC12: Yes

Post by tblough »

Jerminator96 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:52 pm ... I always like to support the vendors who support the community, when possible.
In that case, Centroid sells and supports both Etsun and Yaskawa brands - https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... nents.html
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
Jerminator96

Post by Jerminator96 »

tblough wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:09 pm
Jerminator96 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:52 pm ... I always like to support the vendors who support the community, when possible.
In that case, Centroid sells and supports both Etsun and Yaskawa brands - https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... nents.html
Nice, yeah I had them quote Yaskawa when I was looking at using Oak...probably more than I want to spend. But Estun looks like they might be more budget friendly, I'll reach out.
occustoms
CNC11: Yes

Post by occustoms »

Jerminator96 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:50 pm
occustoms wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:55 pm Im using these 1.5kw on my mazak lathe i converted. Manuals in english and work very well. Cant be them for the price. Prolly gonna order same ones for my 4020 mill conversion too.

Well that's definitely the budget option. How long have you been running the Mazak with this setup? Production or just hobby work? Was it easy to set up Acorn to work with those drivers?
im using it with an oak. not acorn. but they accept all signals. Very capable servo drives with encoder output pulses. and tuning perameters etc. has alarm functions and enable functions like a regular stepper too.

It will be my main shop lathe to use. for production and one offs. i have had rapids on this machine past 450ipm but turned it down to 200 ish now just to not put added stress on balls crews for no reason.
Jerminator96

Post by Jerminator96 »

occustoms wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:11 pm
Jerminator96 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:50 pm

im using it with an oak. not acorn. but they accept all signals. Very capable servo drives with encoder output pulses. and tuning perameters etc. has alarm functions and enable functions like a regular stepper too.

It will be my main shop lathe to use. for production and one offs. i have had rapids on this machine past 450ipm but turned it down to 200 ish now just to not put added stress on balls crews for no reason.
Cool man, sounds like a sweet build. Do you have a build thread? How long have you had your set up running production?
occustoms
CNC11: Yes

Post by occustoms »

I havent posted up a build thread yet. Its only bem up and running for maybe like a few weeks. I do plan on doing a post just havemt yet. Also gonna add a c axis with clutch using same servo drive and motor. Alrready bought it just have to deseign up the platform for thr mounting of shaft and clutch etc. Not alot of free time atm. As im moving next month and with work. But ill post ia build thread soon. I had marc do thr custom plc for me.
Jerminator96

Post by Jerminator96 »

occustoms wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:34 am I havent posted up a build thread yet. Its only bem up and running for maybe like a few weeks. I do plan on doing a post just havemt yet. Also gonna add a c axis with clutch using same servo drive and motor. Alrready bought it just have to deseign up the platform for thr mounting of shaft and clutch etc. Not alot of free time atm. As im moving next month and with work. But ill post ia build thread soon. I had marc do thr custom plc for me.
Thanks, definitely keep us updated as you sort everything out.

Thanks everyone for all of the suggestions, I think I'm leaning toward the Clearpath servos for cost and ease of implementation.

Anyone need most of a Haas CNC control system? Lol
Jerminator96

Post by Jerminator96 »

Another quick question, does anyone have any idea what "size" these servos are?

They have a 4.332" center locating ring around a .75" shaft. 4x Bolt holes are spaced 4" apart.

Servos are Yaskawa Sigma 1s