Tool open signal triggering output relay (resolved)

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

Ken Rychlik
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 80F5B5B92C3A-0213236854
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Tool open signal triggering output relay (resolved)

Post by Ken Rychlik »

This is on a HSD atc spindle. I have a set of non acorn relays (small board) with inputs from the spindle. On input 7 to acorn, I have a tool unclamped signal fed to acorn and working fine. The issue is when the tool is open changing the input state of #7 input, it turns on output 7 which I set as unclamp tool for an output.

I mainly did this so I can use a spindle stopped signal from the vfd to prevent the release button on the spindle from working when the spindle is running. So the power to the tool release solenoid goes through nc contacts of a relay that is activated with the spindle turning. If the spindle is turning, it opens those contacts and prevents the tool release solenoid from working.

So what is happening when I press the tool release button on the spindle, it activates the tool unclamped signal, and acorn turns on output 7 basically locking the spindle in the tool released position.

Even with the relay output wiring unplugged is is turning on output 7 with the tool released signal going into input 7.

I am just wrapping up the wiring and have not yet set up the tool change macro's but I still don't get why Acorn is turning on an output based on an input.

I tried changing tool release output to output 6 and the issue changed to acorn turning on relay 6 when the tool open signal went in.

Report attached.

Thanks
Ken
Attachments
report_80F5B5B92C3A-0213236854_2023-03-20_06-56-32.zip
(819.35 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Last edited by Ken Rychlik on Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken
cncsnw

Re: Tool open signal triggering output relay

Post by cncsnw »

You have INP7 defined as "ToolUnclampButton". That is the input for a button you push to remove tools. It is doing what it is designed to do.

If you have a sensor that detects when the tool has been unclamped from the spindle, you need to assign it as "ToolIsUnclamped" or "DrawBarReleased".

Perhaps Chris or Keith can shed some light on the difference between those two. I have no idea.
Ken Rychlik

Post by Ken Rychlik »

That makes perfect sense. I'll dig for those other options.
Thanks
Ken
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Ken Rychlik

Post by Ken Rychlik »

Thanks Keith. I just overlooked the word button