Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Automatic dust shoe

Post by Gary Campbell »

I would select "W". I have a customer that just built a similar dust shoe on a ClearPath with S30 ATYC system I built for him. He uses the stored tool length and an offset to set the height of the shoe.
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Any unused axis letter (A, B, C, U, V, W) will work.

'W' would be the best choice, since it is a linear movement parallel with Z.
bleiler60
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: E415F6F2C7C9-0211214367

Post by bleiler60 »

Thank you both ;)

Used W as the axis and I'm able to use the MDI to jog the motor. The axis displays on the DRO on both the VCP & MPG, but there are no buttons on the VCP for jogging. After looking through the VCP 2.0 manual, the default skin for a router shows 4th axis buttons, but for some reason their not showing up on the display.
I have a pretty good idea on how to add the buttons after reading through the manual and watching some video's, just not sure if adding the buttons will jog as is or if a macro has to be written.

I'm using Swiss's probe app with the ATC add-on and reached out to him on how to go about setting up the dust shoe in the app, so that the shoe will lower to the top of the work piece. He explained on how to set it up, saying that a script has to be written to accomplish this. I have know idea on how to write a script. Did some reading on writing scripts and it's all Greek to me. Any suggestions?

On a side note. I started this ATC conversion coming up on close to a year ago, with building a new control cabinet using the Acorn board. During the build the AcornSix came out so I pulled the trigger and purchased one. This has been quite a learning experience, which has tested my patience to say the least!

With the help and advice from people here on this forum, this build is pretty much finished, it's up and running :D
The dust shoe is just a want to see if it will work thing.

Thank you all, very much appreciated ;)
Want to thank Keith, Chris & Joey for helping work through some issues with AcornSix while it was in the beta version, great job!!!

Bill
bleiler60
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: E415F6F2C7C9-0211214367

Post by bleiler60 »

figured out that this 4th axis jog buttons were not displaying on the VCP, it was paired.
changed the pairing to the 5th axis.