Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

can't get wizard to change drive type

Post by Tlempicke »

I am installing the C86 board in my centroid acorn system. I have upgraded the program to the latest and now I am trying to change the drive type from the default to Clearpath. The program will not accept it. It says that the change has been done and re-cycle the program. I have tried multiple times to recycle just the program and also both the program and power to the acorn board. Nothing!

On another front the program keeps detecting a motor fault. I have the C86 board output tied to input 5 and input 5 set in the wizard to Drive OK. How should the c-86 board be set up and what should the wizard be set to?

current report attached
suntravel
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No

Re: can't get wizard to change drive type

Post by suntravel »

Drive type is only for preconfiguring, I have mine allways on benchtest and dial in the right values in the Axis Configuration since I use not on all axes the same motors.

Uwe
Tlempicke

Post by Tlempicke »

I don't understand why Centroid would put a whole section into their software that does not do anything. Also why can I not change the selection? Is that common?
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

Tlempicke wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:36 am I don't understand why Centroid would put a whole section into their software that does not do anything. Also why can I not change the selection? Is that common?
?

are your pressing "Load Drive" to load the drive type? after you select it.
load drive.png
only then go set your inputs and outputs.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Tlempicke

Post by Tlempicke »

I took the computer home, cleaned all of the centroid program material off, downloaded a fresh install from the web, re-installed it and now everything seems to work like it should. That box you show circled in your message was not appearing in the first install.
CNCMaryland
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA7CBF8b-103011290
CNC11: No

Post by CNCMaryland »

Tlempicke wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:07 am I took the computer home, cleaned all of the centroid program material off, downloaded a fresh install from the web, re-installed it and now everything seems to work like it should. That box you show circled in your message was not appearing in the first install.
You just need to scroll down. It's not very apparent that there is a scroll bar there. They should move that box to the Top.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

CNCMaryland wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:51 am
Tlempicke wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:07 am I took the computer home, cleaned all of the centroid program material off, downloaded a fresh install from the web, re-installed it and now everything seems to work like it should. That box you show circled in your message was not appearing in the first install.
You just need to scroll down. It's not very apparent that there is a scroll bar there. They should move that box to the Top.
if you are running at the recommended screen resolution of 1920x1080 there are no scroll bars and everything appears on the screen.
when using other screen resolutions, Your mileage may vary.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html