CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

PM-30MV 2022 model Spindle control help

Post by ALW »

Hi All,

First I want to thank ALL that contributes to this site as it served as a single source of information for my Precision Matthew PM-30MV CNC conversion.

To date (2/20/2023), I have completed the conversion with Arizona Video's CNC conversion kit. Dave was extremely helpful in helping trouble shoot and then provide updated parts to fit the 2022 PM-30MV mill. Using the CAM design that came with the ACORN software, I can say the conversion was a success - 95% success.

With that said, I have one last thing to upgrade before 100% and that is integrating spindle control with ACORN. I have watched all the youtube videos, read every forum thread associated with brushless DC motors, studied every schematic and have one big unknown. The PM-30MV comes with a 220V 2HP DC Brushless Motor.

The 2022 PM-30MV controller circuit board is covered with a black epoxy, making it impossible to figure out which pins are for the acorn speed signal input and direction selection. In Franco's installation of the KBSI isolation board, he was able to identify the controller connector to connect the KBSI. With my machine, there are no 7 pin connector as illustrated in Franco's install and no way to read any of the etching on the controller circuit board.

Has any one encountered this epoxy cover mill controller or know how to connect the KBSI-240d to the mill?

HELP
ALW
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC12: Yes

Re: PM-30MV 2022 model Spindle control help

Post by ALW »

Bump...
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

i moved this post into the Acorn forum
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

hello and welcome.
I suggest you start an online photo album and populate it with lots of photos and information. and post the link here.
good advice here. https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
swissi
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716

Post by swissi »

ALW wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:57 pm Hi All,

First I want to thank ALL that contributes to this site as it served as a single source of information for my Precision Matthew PM-30MV CNC conversion.

To date (2/20/2023), I have completed the conversion with Arizona Video's CNC conversion kit. Dave was extremely helpful in helping trouble shoot and then provide updated parts to fit the 2022 PM-30MV mill. Using the CAM design that came with the ACORN software, I can say the conversion was a success - 95% success.

With that said, I have one last thing to upgrade before 100% and that is integrating spindle control with ACORN. I have watched all the youtube videos, read every forum thread associated with brushless DC motors, studied every schematic and have one big unknown. The PM-30MV comes with a 220V 2HP DC Brushless Motor.

The 2022 PM-30MV controller circuit board is covered with a black epoxy, making it impossible to figure out which pins are for the acorn speed signal input and direction selection. In Franco's installation of the KBSI isolation board, he was able to identify the controller connector to connect the KBSI. With my machine, there are no 7 pin connector as illustrated in Franco's install and no way to read any of the etching on the controller circuit board.

Has any one encountered this epoxy cover mill controller or know how to connect the KBSI-240d to the mill?

HELP
I can't tell you where the pins are on your PM-30V control board as I haven't seen one but if you follow the wires from the speed control knob and the spindle direction switch on your PM-30V it shouldn't be to difficult to find the correct pins.

-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com