CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Macro recording to file < g code ripper discussion >

Post by hivoltage »

@suntravel
I never said the sheet stock was warped. I never said my system wasn't cutting correctly.
You made too many assumptions about what's going on.
What I am trying to do has nothing to do with RAW stock like you would if your milling a part out of aluminum. Your looking at this all wrong.
Because I cannot get the same results you showed I am going to use Aspire cause it will do what I want. You did not provide enough for one to follow. There are missing steps or you did things that I did not see.

I am going to make this very clear.
This thread had nothing to do with a poorly working system or one that isn't calibrated.
This thread was supposed to be about using a tool to allow mapping a job on a curved surface.
Suggesting otherwise means your not paying attention.
suntravel
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074

Post by suntravel »

You can not follow the simple steps in the video?

What is missing? How to start the CNC and set part zero?

Uwe
Nigelo
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA80C8B8-0905181172
E415F6F70BC3-0318203049
98F07B91FC6B-0123236802

Post by Nigelo »

Having re-read this thread from page 1 and the other referenced, I have to say that Uwe has gone above and beyond to help the OP and with little or no appreciation for his considerable effort. I find this attitude disrespectful to say the least.

So Hivoltage, leave your attitude at the door next time and if you can't be bothered to properly thank Uwe, I will do so on your behalf -

Vielen danke Uwe, zumindest hast du es versucht.
Hope this helps
Nigel

"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot force it to drink"
cncian
CNC Control System Serial Number: A81087B4FFCB-0712192265

Post by cncian »

Nigelo wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:08 am Having re-read this thread from page 1 and the other referenced, I have to say that Uwe has gone above and beyond to help the OP and with little or no appreciation for his considerable effort. I find this attitude disrespectful to say the least.

So Hivoltage, leave your attitude at the door next time and if you can't be bothered to properly thank Uwe, I will do so on your behalf -

+1
hivoltage
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by hivoltage »

@ cncian and @Nigelo What is this garbage?
Nigelo wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:08 am Having re-read this thread from page 1 and the other referenced, I have to say that Uwe has gone above and beyond to help the OP and with little or no appreciation for his considerable effort. I find this attitude disrespectful to say the least.

Did you even try his method?
I did and it did not work. I did not condemn his efforts. Go back and read again!
Re: Macro recording to file
Post by hivoltage » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:16 am

Awesome
That worked.
Can you tell me where I might find the formatting rules for doing these macro's?
I have read a lot and most of the text assumes you know already.
Thanks for all your help.
And this?
Post by hivoltage » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:35 pm

@suntravel
I will test this tomorrow. Thanks.
OR this?
Post by hivoltage » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:02 am

@suntravel
Ok this is more helpful. I have not messed around with the Dig to Cad feature and didn't know it was even there.
That was not explained prior.
Thanks for the more detailed workflow.
I will have to try this out later today. Too cold atm.
Does that sound like no appreciation?
I dislike being attacked in this fashion.

@ cncian and @Nigelo
I do not need you or anyone else as an advocate. So leave your biased opinion out please.
If all your going to do it come into a thread a friend of yours is in and bash people's attitudes then its you that needs to heed your own advice.
You two didn't bother to even help either. If @suntravel felt offended or underappreciated then I am sure he can vouch for himself.

@suntravel
I did not discount your information for any other reason that it did not work for me. You and I have different setup and are doing different things.
I still value any input good or bad. In this case it was not really bad just not useable for me. I still value any other info on my system if I ever go larger and any other related info when needed. I hope you at least didn't feel as if I didn't appreciate it. So just so its clear... Thanks for your help despite the fact that I was getting a bit frustrated at things that did not work on my end.

To anyone else who stumbles on this. I am in no way condemning others advice. I have no intention to play head games or anything like that. The interaction I had with those who were trying their best to help me is not meant to be negative on their part. I had stated that I am in no way an expert or even a trained machinist. I make absolutely no claim being better than anyone else when it comes to the operation or programming of these complex systems. My goal was to solve a problem. I did get some decent answers and very useful info that now is recorded here.