Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 102139, 20D7787D9392-0817226460
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Upgrade Romaxx WD-1 3axis router frm Mach3 to Acorn

Post by Chipwelder »

Upon boot up this morning my intention was to conduct final preview my New Build post following posted guidelines and reviews of suggested examples. My shockwave modified brain really started to hurt when my 3 times successfully saved post gone despite a coronation message that it had been successfully saved. Possibly it was, but I don't know where. So my remaining attention span will be devoted to solving the single simple remaining road block to having my router safely running and able to clear a small backlog of parts. At that completion time I intend to add additional E-stops, soft limits(they better be more reliable than the save draft process), combination limit and homing switches, and clean up, reorganize, relabel the default VCP to what I feel are Best Practices human engineering standards. At that time I will gladly share pictures ,reports and discussion of the trade offs resulting from my use of the existing control enclosure.
But I have to get the machine running now. I can run it now with the I/O screen or the manual switch on the spindle, but this has to be embarrassingly simple, but that particular circuit in my brain must be wired elsewhere right now.

I need help "wiring" the default Spindle_Start key (skin event 17), and Spindle_Cancel (skin event 16) buttons to the programmed M60series and M80 series codes that toggle the Output relays on and off, which I can do on the live I/O screen.
Thanks,
Chipwelder
ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Upgrade Romaxx WD-1 3axis router frm Mach3 to Acorn

Post by ShawnM »

You do know you can turn the spindle off and on manually from the stock VCP and vary the speed, yes? I guess I'm confused at what you are trying to do or why. Just wire the VFD spin forward wires to a relay and set that relays output to SpinFWD in the wizard and you can control it from the stock VCP. Of course you need to wire up the 0-10 analog signal from the Acorn as well.
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Upgrade Romaxx WD-1 3axis router frm Mach3 to Acorn

Post by cnckeith »

Chipwelder wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:07 pm Upon boot up this morning my intention was to conduct final preview my New Build post following posted guidelines and reviews of suggested examples. My shockwave modified brain really started to hurt when my 3 times successfully saved post gone despite a coronation message that it had been successfully saved. Possibly it was, but I don't know where. So my remaining attention span will be devoted to solving the single simple remaining road block to having my router safely running and able to clear a small backlog of parts. At that completion time I intend to add additional E-stops, soft limits(they better be more reliable than the save draft process), combination limit and homing switches, and clean up, reorganize, relabel the default VCP to what I feel are Best Practices human engineering standards. At that time I will gladly share pictures ,reports and discussion of the trade offs resulting from my use of the existing control enclosure.
But I have to get the machine running now. I can run it now with the I/O screen or the manual switch on the spindle, but this has to be embarrassingly simple, but that particular circuit in my brain must be wired elsewhere right now.

I need help "wiring" the default Spindle_Start key (skin event 17), and Spindle_Cancel (skin event 16) buttons to the programmed M60series and M80 series codes that toggle the Output relays on and off, which I can do on the live I/O screen.
Thanks,
Chipwelder
spindle on/off few/rev is all preprogrammed no need edit any skin events. Use the Wizard to configure the outputs SpinFwd SpinRev (optional) and wire up according to vfd schematic and you are done, VCP will turn on and off , cw/ccw, and vary the speed. follow the Spindle vfd analog output bench test in the Acorn install manual.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html