Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 4119
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: 2 Spindles AcornSix

Post by Rensoc »

Yes many ways to get this done but I still don't have a clear answer about Acorn 6. Will it operate my second motor?
suntravel
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074

Post by suntravel »

Rensoc wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:31 am Yes many ways to get this done but I still don't have a clear answer about Acorn 6. Will it operate my second motor?
Yes but with the same voltage output like the first spindle. To program them independent is in a future release of CNC12.

For a second fixed speed I would use a servo and control it with outputs.

Uwe
Gary Campbell
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238

Post by Gary Campbell »

Or ... Swap the analog spindle signal between 2 VFD's using a relay
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
Rensoc

Post by Rensoc »

So I'm still not clear on this. Can the Acorn six operate 2 spindles the way I need it to?
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Yes, it can.

There won't necessarily be a Wizard selection backed with all the code you need, tailored exactly to your needs; but the hardware and software are fully capable of doing what you describe: independently start and stop two different spindles, with two different speed commands.
Rensoc

Post by Rensoc »

Well, Which is it? It sounds to me that it doesn't do what i need it to do straight out of the box if it doesn't have separate/independent analog control of the 2 outputs. Does it have independent control of the analog outputs including on the control screen?? I guess part of that would be to have a wizard to set up the second spindle independently. Otherwise, it's just a slave to the main following the same output??
Rensoc

Post by Rensoc »

On a side note...Uwe I watched your video's and I'm impressed! This machine will have C-axis very similar to yours.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

Rensoc wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:18 pm Well, Which is it? It sounds to me that it doesn't do what i need it to do straight out of the box if it doesn't have separate/independent analog control of the 2 outputs. Does it have independent control of the analog outputs including on the control screen?? I guess part of that would be to have a wizard to set up the second spindle independently. Otherwise, it's just a slave to the main following the same output??
dual spindle notes:

- features like simultaneous dual independent spindle rigid tapping and threading are not currently supported.(future feature, this will take some time)

- features like dual independent spindle RPM and ON/OFF are supported in CNC12.

- AcornSix CNC12 setup Wizard v4.99 rev4 (just released today) in this first iteration of the 2nd Spindle setup wizard page is geared towards machines that have two spindles that are machining the same thing with the same tool like on a production CNC router. The Wizard simply mirrors the Spindle #1 settings to the 2nd spindle so they are software "paired". We will add two spindle fully independent setup menu in the wizard soon. for now we have the basic software spindle pairing in the Wizard.

and in general just because a feature is not in the Wizard doesn't mean you can't do it. The Wizard is geared toward the 98% of typical machine tool applications and will never satisfy every possibility so, that is where CNC12 parameters, macros, PLC programming and Skinning come into play, these are all free Centroid CNC software tools for users and integrators alike to be able to modify CNC12 to suit their particular application. That being said we are adding setup features to the Wizard all the time. Recent additions to the AcornSix Wizard are Scale input for position correction, hardwired MPG setup, as mentioned 2nd spindle pairing, and ATC setup! Rack Mount, Carousel and Turrets for Lathes.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
suntravel
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074

Post by suntravel »

Is there a documentation how to control 2nd spindle individually?

Uwe
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

features like dual independent spindle RPM and ON/OFF are supported in CNC12
What do you envision this looking like in G code? E.g. what would the G codes look like, to start the main spindle forward at 1000RPM, then start the second spindle reverse at 400RPM?

I know how I did it with CNC10 fifteen years ago, but I am curious to see what you have in mind for Centroid's officially supported interface.