Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

ATC Problem after update

Post by TheKitMill »

I updated a 6 x 12 Router with a ATC. All was working before the update but after the update the tool changer started acting erratically. It would move to the pocket deposit the tool but instead of retracting and moving to the next tool it simply moved to the left or right without clearing the tool beside the one it just deposited.

After the update I installed the Pro License and loading the working Drive set up shutdown and restarted as required. After checking the Mfunc6 file it still did not work. I installed a know working mfunc6 File and was able to get the tool changer to work as before. However it would only work for 3 or 4 tool changes did not matter which tool was called up I would
2023-01-25_15-06-01_394.jpeg
Give a 913 could not open file error. The fix for this was to reinitiate the ATC and each time after doing this the tool changer would work for 3 or 4 tool changes and then error out again and after each error the tool check function did not work but I was able to jog z with no problem. I use this set up on other Routers with no problem so I am not sure what might be causing this issue I do have the Swissi Program for this control but it is not installed just the standard Mfunc6 finger no orientation macro

Attached is a picture of the error screen and the last report.
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: ATC Problem after update

Post by cnckeith »

hello.
how did you 'update' the cncpc? what procedure did you follow etc..
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
TheKitMill

Post by TheKitMill »

Hi Keith

I did a fresh install then pasted my master.zip file into the directory extracted it replacing the existing files then powered down and restarted. I have everything working but I get the 913 error after 3 or 4 successful tool changes. And the Fix is to reinitiate the ATC then it works again for 3 or 4 tool changes. I am going to install everything on my personal machine and test to see if I can recreate the error on another machine with a different computer.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

ok, what's in the master.zip file? please post it.
are you communicating with chris via email? if so lets pick one place so me and chris are not doing double work. thanks! :D -k
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
CNC12: Yes

Post by ShawnM »

TheKitMill wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:48 am Hi Keith

I did a fresh install then pasted my master.zip file into the directory extracted it replacing the existing files then powered down and restarted. I have everything working but I get the 913 error after 3 or 4 successful tool changes. And the Fix is to reinitiate the ATC then it works again for 3 or 4 tool changes. I am going to install everything on my personal machine and test to see if I can recreate the error on another machine with a different computer.
Something tells me this was the issue. You may have overwritten some things in 4.82 with old files/parameters that may not work with 4.82. It's always advisable to hand enter the wizard settings when updating to a newer version of the software. We'll see.
TheKitMill

Post by TheKitMill »

This is the file I have been using. The Routers are basically the same Rack mount ATC location changes and travels change but the basic function is the same. I have started from scratch and appear to have fixed the problem just hand loaded all the setting as if there was no previous report to load. My goal was to have a master file that could be loaded for each new machine. I did this with the Big red machine and it worked perfectly out of the box. But when I did a update to 4.82 on another machine The tool changer stopped working. It is working now after a fresh install
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

You can have a master file like you have or a report that you can restore to multiple machines but of course they have to be configured the exact same. They also have to be running the same version software you created the file or report from. You can’t however restore a report or file like you have from a previous version like say 4.64 to a new version like 4.82. You have to enter in all the parameters by hand.
wilfredreid
CNC Control System Serial Number: noneT39 2153

Post by wilfredreid »

Info on tool turret on a hardinge cnhc running acorn