Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: x-x+ jogging moves in the same direction in the x- direction

Post by cnckeith »

do you have the direction signal accidently inverted on X in the wizard advanced menu? post a report.zip
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
msauto
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by msauto »

I am connected via screw terminals. Any idea how i could blow out direction signal on x? 4th axis is blown as well and nothing was connected to it(never used it till today). I disconnected all screw terminals and anything that isnt power or ground and retested dir1 thru 4. Dir 2 and 3 (Y&Z) had 0.0v in one direction and jumped around between .20 and 1.0 v . Dir1 and 4 had 0.0v in one direction & 5.0v in the other. This really makes me sick. I built this system 2 years ago and sold my shop so the machine has been setting untill recently when i got moved into new shop. I do a little electronics repair and could solder a new resistor or diod if needed to fix it. Are there any board schematics available? Really dont want to spend another 400.00 for a new board.
msauto

Post by msauto »

I uploaded a report in first post. I have never seen the inverted setting you speak of i will have to check. I do have the direction reversed in the axis setup menu at the bottom of x and y but i have always had it that way, if i change from Y to N on that option my drives worked just backwards.
msauto

Post by msauto »

Not sure if this is relevant or not but i also noticed that if i hit estop/reset on the vcp my y axis stays locked and cant be moved manually. X and Z unlock and can be moved. Verry strange.
msauto

Post by msauto »

ok, i definatly have an issue in the control cab, i suspect stray voltage. I removed acorn,power supply,and motor driver from cabinet and wired on bench and x works as expected! So although this means a complete rewire im happy that acorn is ok! Thanks for your help keith!
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

msauto wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:03 pm ok, i definatly have an issue in the control cab, i suspect stray voltage. I removed acorn,power supply,and motor driver from cabinet and wired on bench and x works as expected! So although this means a complete rewire im happy that acorn is ok! Thanks for your help keith!
great test!
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

msauto wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:43 pm I am connected via screw terminals. Any idea how i could blow out direction signal on x? 4th axis is blown as well and nothing was connected to it(never used it till today). I disconnected all screw terminals and anything that isnt power or ground and retested dir1 thru 4. Dir 2 and 3 (Y&Z) had 0.0v in one direction and jumped around between .20 and 1.0 v . Dir1 and 4 had 0.0v in one direction & 5.0v in the other. This really makes me sick. I built this system 2 years ago and sold my shop so the machine has been setting untill recently when i got moved into new shop. I do a little electronics repair and could solder a new resistor or diod if needed to fix it. Are there any board schematics available? Really dont want to spend another 400.00 for a new board.
what kind of drives do you have? most stepper drives should be connectedt to the DB25 not the screw terminals.
msauto

Re: x-x+ jogging moves in the same direction in the x- direction <resovled>

Post by msauto »

Drives are nema 34 hybrid stepper/servo I bought a 3 drive kit with power supplies,motors and drivers from wantmotor on ebay. I havent used them much but what i have they work strong will snap a .5 inch end mill (ask me how i know,lol) and are fast and quiet. Not as quiet as the servos that were on this machine orig but a lot quieter than some steppers that i have heard.
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

msauto wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:55 pm Drives are nema 34 hybrid stepper/servo I bought a 3 drive kit with power supplies,motors and drivers from wantmotor on ebay. I havent used them much but what i have they work strong will snap a .5 inch end mill (ask me how i know,lol) and are fast and quiet. Not as quiet as the servos that were on this machine orig but a lot quieter than some steppers that i have heard.
what schematic are you following?
im 99% sure these should be driven by the 5 volt DB25 not the open collector screwn terminals
martyscncgarage

Post by martyscncgarage »

Keith is correct look at this schematic as an example:
https://www.centroidcnc.com/dealersuppo ... 207.r1.pdf
If you are going to rewire the control, get a DB25 male breakout board from Amazon and start fresh.

You should REALLY be posting the make and model of the drives along with a hyperlink as a courtesy so we don't have to go looking for it.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ