Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

CncPc dead

Post by Eric2cycle »

I purchased centroids cncpc monitor/cpu package 18 months ago. Over thanksgiving I finally made first chips (family illness) and was extremely excited to move forward. Tuesday I downloaded the Pro Mill Package and got my Pendent working. Then the Bad. Friday I went in for supper and came back out to a Microsoft update. Frozen at 83%. After several hours with the circular dots motionless I could only assume that it failed and seeing comments online saying to do a hard close that was needed. Closed it. Restart and the led lights for 1.5 seconds and goes out. No screen flickering just a slight spool up of the fan inside. Online claims to attempt 3 boot ups and it’ll go to safe mode but I get black screen and led for 1.5 seconds. I unplugged the power from the back of the monitor/cpu for 2.5 hours and attempted another restart and still the same 1.5 second led action.

When I initially inquired of buying everything I recall being told the cncpc combo was plug n play and to be set up to cancel out all outside interference. And I’m thinking after the download I didn’t go back to airplane mod that evening and did shutdown. The next morning (Thursday) I did start up and start up must have contacted Microsoft and they scheduled an update for Friday 6pm. I’m sure it was in airplane mode during the update and maybe why it froze tho I’m no expert what so ever

Any insight is appreciated as I was actually making good progress as a newbie and was moving onto configurating my probe next 🤦‍♂️

I have no report since nothing starts up…..sorry
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: CncPc dead

Post by cnckeith »

Contact Liviu at DIYsales@centroidcnc.com for help with the PC.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Upnorth
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1702
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: CncPc dead

Post by Upnorth »

Whenever I have a computer that sits for a long time and something goes wrong I remove the ram and reinstall it. This will often fix starting issues.

It's not unusual for a computer to appear frozen during an update. Seems to be especially true with my older computer that has a mechanical hard drive. I let it sit for a long time and it usually eventually finishes the update. Some of my computers go years between updates so that when I eventually update they are huge. They appear to freeze when installing a large file.