Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Wiring

Post by Richards »

My eyes are not sharp enough to trace the wires, but I'm concerned about what I think that I see. Normally, the black wire in a DC circuit is COMMON/GND and the colored wire is V+. I would wire the power supply with +5V = Red wire, COMMON/GND = Black Wire, and +24V = Yellow wire. Color does not affect the circuit, but it makes it easier for others to help you. It looks like you have COMMON/GND connected to H1-24V input. That should be +24VDC.

What I would suggest is starting over. Disconnect all wires then start with the power supply. The AC cord's Black Wire goes to L. The AC cord's White Wire goes to N. The AC cord's Green Wire goes to the chassis ground terminal. Connect COM to Acorn H9-Common using a Black Wire. Connect V2 to one of H9's 24 VDC terminals, using a Yellow Wire. Connect a Yellow Wire from the other H9-24VDC to either H4-Input 24VDC or to H1-Input 24VDC. Connect the Ethernet Cable between the Acorn and your computer. That's all you need to do to start. After carefully checking your wiring, power up the system. When you see the Acorn's on-board LED flashing, start CNC12 Mill or CNC12 Lathe. Verify that you can see the proper screens. After everything checks out, turn off the power and connect ONE THING at a time to the system. Test after each thing is connected for proper operation.

When I received my first Acorn, I simply followed the Centroidcnc supplied schematics. Now, you have the luxury of following the Install Manual. That manual contains all the information you need to bench test the Acorn.
-Mike Richards