Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

No Axis Enable LEDs

Post by Jaschwei »

Problem, no axis movement. Here is the history. I bought the Acorn board @18 months ago but just started the cnc build within the past few months. Installed ball screws, stepperonline stepper motors w/CL86Y drives, and rough wired the control cabinet. Went through the installation and startup procedures. Everything was running just fine up to the point where I performed the finish wiring on the cabinet. After making the mods I tested everything before applying power and all was good. The problem came when I had the drives out for a little detail work and inadvertently reversed the input and encoder plugs on reinstallation. Everything had already been tested so I powered it up. First problem, no communication and no heartbeat. While troubleshooting the heartbeat issue I discovered and corrected the miss plugged drives (yes, all 3). The Beaglebone board was dead so I replaced it and followed the debricking procedure. Communication restored and CNC12 up and running. Second problem, now the drives are powered up and flashing a fault that isn’t even listed in the StepperOnline docs. Replaced all three drives. New drives no fault. Third and current problem, the stepper motors won’t run. Everything on the Acorn board looks normal (to me anyway) except I do not get an enable LED when jogging any of the axis’s as shown in the checkout video. I even tried the 4th axis with the same results. I also deleted then reinstalled CNC12 just to get a clean setup. I suspect a new Acorn board is in the future. Any thoughts? I’m currently waiting for a reply from Centroid concerning the possibility and cost to replace just the main Acorn board as I already have everything else.

I sent a fresh report. The first pic of me holding the X axis button down. The position is counting up. The next pic shows the Acorn with the enable LED in the red state. The results were the same when testing all 4 axis. Additional pics for reference. Thanks in advance!! Jack
8FA3FDA9-91C4-42A4-81C4-ED91BE57621F.jpeg
45775BB5-D2A7-41F8-8297-C2C1ED73CD23.jpeg
Gary Campbell
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238

Re: No Axis Enable LEDs

Post by Gary Campbell »

Do you have wiring connected to the enable terminals?

If so, remove it
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
Jaschwei
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by Jaschwei »

I ran this test with only the power and e-stop connected. All other wires disconnected. Same results 😕
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html