CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

WMPG Macros

Post by Dbean »

Hello again!
I'm having a weird issue with the Macros(1-4) on the Wireless MPG. I'm trying to do a simple Open/Close Chuck operation(M10 and M11).
I've wrote the M10 into macro 1 and M11 into Macro 2 but when I push the buttons it doesn't always run and execute the M code. Am I missing a piece of code? I've moved the monitor further away from where the work is and don't want to have to turn around every 10 secs. I've been running a second op on a small part and want to close the chuck when I put the part in. In my program I end with the chuck open and it ejects the part leaving the chuck open.
It's really simple and I'm sure It's missing something. It will work once in a while. Everything else on the WMPG works great.

N100
M10
N1000

Please Help!
Dustin
suntravel
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074

Re: WMPG Macros

Post by suntravel »

Related reading: (page 14)

https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... amming.pdf

I would try to use M94 /4 and M95 /4

Uwe
Gary Campbell
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: Yes
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238

Post by Gary Campbell »

Dustin...
Do not use "M10". Instead copy and paste the code from the mfunc10.mac file into the WMPG## macro file
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
Dbean

Post by Dbean »

Ok, I’ve tried to copy/paste the macro from mfunc10 and it would still not open or close chuck. Yes, I restarted cnc12, reset, and homed the machine.
I’ve tried dumbing it down to just m94/6 and m94/4 but they don’t seem to function either.
I’m not familiar with macros on this controller.
I’m using a standard Dunham collet closer so it just a simple on/off command.
Of course collet open/close works on the VCP and in a gCode program.
Sword
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by Sword »

Do you have an output assigned to open/close chuck?
Scott
tblough
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

M94/6 and m94/4 turns on output 6 and then turns on output 4. Is that what you want?
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
Dbean

Post by Dbean »

You guys are really confusing me. Worse than the pdf on writing macros for this thing. It’s like I’m writing code in one language to reference code in another language so it will spit out some code in a totally different language. All languages I don’t speak. I can write gCode all day for fanuc, syntec and old Mazaks but this is overly complicated for trying to trigger an output.
Why can’t we set this up as a parameter?

Out1 is CloseChuck
Out2 is OpenChuck

From the manual….
SV_M94_M95_4 ;M94/M95 Turn on/off OpenChuck, Turn off CloseChuck
SV_M94_M95_6 ;M94/M95 Turn on/off CloseChuck, Turns off OpenChuck
suntravel

Post by suntravel »

Dbean wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:17 pm Hello again!
I'm having a weird issue with the Macros(1-4) on the Wireless MPG. I'm trying to do a simple Open/Close Chuck operation(M10 and M11).
I've wrote the M10 into macro 1 and M11 into Macro 2 but when I push the buttons it doesn't always run and execute the M code. Am I missing a piece of code? I've moved the monitor further away from where the work is and don't want to have to turn around every 10 secs. I've been running a second op on a small part and want to close the chuck when I put the part in. In my program I end with the chuck open and it ejects the part leaving the chuck open.
It's really simple and I'm sure It's missing something. It will work once in a while. Everything else on the WMPG works great.

N100
M10
N1000

Please Help!
Dustin
N100
M10
Goto 100
N1000

Keeps the chuck open until you press Cycle Stop with WMPG Macro.

Otherwise you can change the timer:

2.) Hydraulic Chuck:
A common Hydraulic chuck configuration has two hydraulic lines going to the chuck. One line opens the chuck the other closes the chuck. Typically there are
two solenoids controlled by dedicated outputs. The Acorn CNC setup Wizard calls these outputs ‘OpenChuck’ and ‘CloseChuck’.
The Open Chuck button on VCP activates the Open Chuck output for a user specified amount of time in milliseconds and is specified by editing parameter
#992. The VCP Close Chuck button activates the Close Chuck output for a user specified amount of time typically milliseconds and is parameter #992. The
VCP button is Spindle Interlocked so that when the spindle is ON the VCP buttons do not function. Also when the timer is running the spindle will not turn on
until timer is finished. Timers are typically required with hydraulic chucks so the chuck clamps at a consistent force and so solenoids do not over heat. Note:
Typically hydraulic chucks do not require the solenoid to be on to hold the part the hydraulic pressure holds when the solenoid valve is closed.
The Open Chuck and Close Chuck output can also be activated by the foot pedal Acorn input. The single Foot pedal toggles between open and closed each
time users steps on it. Example: Step on pedal and that activates the Chuck Close output for a user specified amount of time (in milliseconds and is
parameter #992), Step on the foot pedal again and the Foot Pedal activates Chuck Open for a user specified amount of time (in milliseconds and is parameter
#992 ) Foot pedal functionality is interlocked with the spindle and is deactivated when spindle in ON. Also, spindle will not turn on until the timers are finished.
Foot Pedal works with or without a the Chuck Open and Chuck Closed VCP buttons
M10 will also activates the “OpenChuck” output for the users specified amount of time. M11 activates the “CloseChuck” output for the users specified amount
of time.
An optional LowPressure input indicates to CNC12 that the pressure is absent or too low to activate the collet closer and CNC12 will not allow a job to run until
the Low Pressure warning has been cleared.

Uwe
suntravel

Post by suntravel »

Hi Dustin,

learned my self today that if you want to function a WMPG Makro buttom like one on the VCP, it will not work with a macro, you must do this in the PLC.

Uwe
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

suntravel wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:26 pm Hi Dustin,

learned my self today that if you want to function a WMPG Makro buttom like one on the VCP, it will not work with a macro, you must do this in the PLC.

Uwe
Now I'm confused Uwe, I have 3 WMPG buttons do the exact same function as the button on the VCP by using the same macro.