Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

how to stop and re-start a job.

Post by Tlempicke »

I have been attending to other chores on the router and it has brought up a question I have had for some time.

If I want to stop a job and restart I can use tool check.

But how do I stop a job, shut down the computer, restart the computer and pick up where I left off?
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No

Re: how to stop and re-start a job.

Post by tblough »

If you have accurate homing (index pulse like ZRI and not just home switches), then just write down the line number where you stopped the program. You can then shut off the machine.

When ready to restart, hit F4 Run, F2 Search, and then enter the recorded line number. All documented in the manual starting with section 6.3.

If you do not have accurate homing, then you will have to find some feature on your part to indicate on and reset your WCS before you can resume the job as above.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
Gary Campbell
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No

Re: how to stop and re-start a job.

Post by Gary Campbell »

For most DIY & sub $35k commercial routers cutting wood, I would add a +1 and the following to Tom's comments:

1) Ignore the part about the index pulse (ZRI) homing. Wood moves ~.006-.015" during cutting, prox sensors offer all the accuracy and repeatability that the table and material are capable of.
2) Simply don't shut of the machine and you won't have to worry about rehoming inaccuracies.
3) Assuming this was a long cutting 3D relief model, there will likely be some wood movement due to stress relief from cutting and your z height relative to the new material height will be off. Restart, check for Z variance. If needed, pause and use the "G52 Z -#" command (multiple times, if needed) to dial in the Z height.
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos