Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Edit Screen lost <resolved>

Post by Dbur525 »

Hi everyone

I opened my lathe acorn software and made a small program in intercon.
I wanted to make a few edits, when i pressed the edit button a blank screen opened up the program was not there
I tried to open other programs that i had saved and the same thing opening up the edit screen gives me a blank screen
Last week the edit screen worked fine
i hope someone has an answer,
Im running a grizzly G0620 8 inch lathe
attached is the current report i just made
thanks to all the helps me
Attachments
report_9884E3944D4F-1220170370_2022-05-06_16-04-54.zip
(244.17 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
cncsnw

Re: Edit Screen lost

Post by cncsnw »

Post a picture of the whole computer screen, showing the blank screen you get after you press F6/Edit.

From that, we might be able to guess what application program is getting launched when you open a ".cnc" file. It might be NotePad++; it might be Windows Notepad; it might be WordPad; or it might be something entirely different. It is a function of what application your Windows installation has associated with the ".cnc" extension.

If you open up a Windows File Explorer window and browse to c:\cnct\ncfiles, you can right-click on any of your CNC program files, and choose "Open with...". That will allow you to use the text editor of your choice, and optionally change the file associate (back?) to your desired text editor.
Dbur525
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by Dbur525 »

Ok I did some thinking and kind of retraced my steps on what I was doing before I lost the editor in intercon
I produced a program in Mach 3 on a completely different computer I loaded that program onto a USB memory stick
Then loaded memory stick into the computer that runs acorn
Then opened it in acorn I wanted to check the program so I hit edit button and Intercon opened a blank screen (see attachment)
Attached is the current acorn version I'm running I wonder if I should upgrade software?
Attachments
20220507_145539.jpg
20220507_145454.jpg
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Do you know how to move and resize application windows in Microsoft Windows?

You appear to be using Windows Notepad as your text editor. However, you appear to have the Notepad window sized too wide, and positioned too far left, so you cannot see what is on its left side (where any interesting content is probably located).

In short: to make a window narrower, position your mouse pointer over one of its edges (e.g. the right-hand edge of your Notepad window). When the mouse pointer changes to a left-right arrow symbol, click and drag (e.g. drag the right edge of the window left to make the window narrower). To move a window, click in the title bar and drag. The title bar is the top portion, that includes the minimize, maximize and close buttons. To move the window around the screen, click anywhere in the title bar *except* on the minimize, maximize or close buttons; drag it where you want it; and release.

In addition, your monitor appears to be out of adjustment, so the left quarter inch or so is cut off. The 'X' and 'Z' on the DRO should be complete, and the "ESC" box at the bottom left of the Utility menu should be complete. Look for a menu button built into your monitor, and see if you can locate either an "auto adjust" feature, or manual adjustments for horizontal size and position.
Dbur525
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by Dbur525 »

Ok I will try that
Thank you