CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: New Rebuild on Sherline Chucker Lathe & New build on 5400 mill

Post by martyscncgarage »

You "invited" or "inverted"??
You did this in the Advanced tab? If so, go un-invert.
That's not how you change axis direction. That is done on the Axis Configuration page. Toward the bottom.

You should also be creating reports as you go. In other words, as you make good progress, create a report and rename it something you understand like "axis moving"
That way you can always go back and restore a report to the last known good progress report.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
BillB
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by BillB »

Sorry, "Inverted". Yes on the advanced page, and yes I went back and unchecked all boxes. After that change and reboot, the motors will not work now.

Well noted on the progressive report's approach.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Go look in CNCM directory, Report backup subdirectory. Note the dates, the newest one would be today. Look for the one prior and restore it.

If you "merely" inverted Step, Dir and Enable, just going back in and Checking or unchecking the boxes and the WRITE THE SETTINGS in the Wizard should have fixed it.
Mesa, AZ
martyscncgarage

When you have a working machine, create report.....it won't get ovewritten but rename it something useful like 220513 all axis moving.zip
Mesa, AZ
BillB

Post by BillB »

martyscncgarage wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:58 pm Go look in CNCM directory, Report backup subdirectory. Note the dates, the newest one would be today. Look for the one prior and restore it.

If you "merely" inverted Step, Dir and Enable, just going back in and Checking or unchecking the boxes and the WRITE THE SETTINGS in the Wizard should have fixed it.
Not sure how old the last report is on this control but will take a look. The problem is this control assembly is my original one from my lathe so most of what would be on this computer would be all older lathe reports and stuff. Im not even sure if I made a report for the mill as I just got it wired up and working last night.

I already wrote the settings to the board and rebooted but I will try it again tonight.
martyscncgarage

BillB wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:59 pm
martyscncgarage wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:58 pm Go look in CNCM directory, Report backup subdirectory. Note the dates, the newest one would be today. Look for the one prior and restore it.

Not sure how old the last report is on this control but will take a look. The problem is this control assembly is my original one from my lathe so most of what would be on this computer would be all older lathe reports and stuff. Im not even sure if I made a report for the mill as I just got it wired up and working last night.

I already wrote the settings to the board and rebooted but I will try it again tonight.
FYI, the control automatically routinely will create a report.
Point is, reports are valuable tools...
Mesa, AZ
BillB

Post by BillB »

martyscncgarage wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:39 pm
BillB wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:59 pm

FYI, the control automatically routinely will create a report.
Point is, reports are valuable tools...
Ah good to know! thanks
BillB

Post by BillB »

Ok Marty,

I restored my report to the control, using F7 then F2 Restore report using a previous report from May 11 which was prior to the advanced tap step and direction change. Was not really sure how to do the restore but after looking at the menu it seemed pretty obvious so LMK if that is not the way to do it.
This report/settings was from the original mill set up from many months ago when I was setting up this Acron for both machines so after booting CNC12 back up I had to reconfigure all the wizard settings to the new Leadshine drives. I restarted Acorn and CNC12 but with the same results. I get DRO change but no axis movement. ? As previously stated drives were running fine prior to the step and direction change on the advanced tab.

Here is a new report after this round of work.
Attachments
report_6433DB044D1E-0623214856_2022-05-13_20-28-34 After report restore Drives NOT WORKING.zip
(753.74 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
martyscncgarage

BillB wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:30 pm Ok Marty,

I restored my report to the control, using F7 then F2 Restore report using a previous report from May 11 which was prior to the advanced tap step and direction change. Was not really sure how to do the restore but after looking at the menu it seemed pretty obvious so LMK if that is not the way to do it.
This report/settings was from the original mill set up from many months ago when I was setting up this Acron for both machines so after booting CNC12 back up I had to reconfigure all the wizard settings to the new Leadshine drives. I restarted Acorn and CNC12 but with the same results. I get DRO change but no axis movement. ? As previously stated drives were running fine prior to the step and direction change on the advanced tab.

Here is a new report after this round of work.
You may have to double check your electrical connections etc.
When CNC12 is in the ready state, are your motor rotors locked or free?
Mesa, AZ
BillB

Post by BillB »

Ok Marty,

The motors are charged (locked) when there is power to Acorn control with and without CNC12 open and running. When I turn on Acorn I hear the motors charge. So seems to be a software issue then, right? Is the PLC corrupt? My wiring is fine nothing loose or disconnected.