Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

ATC issue with tool_unclamp_timeout on a router

Post by ShawnM »

I have a router that I'm retrofitting that has an HSD ATC spindle and I've setup a pot style 8 tool rack.

Disclaimer: This is my first attempt at an ATC setup so it's all new to me.

I've started editing the Acorn marco for the ATC with no fingers. It's working, sort of, I'm getting a tool_unclamp_timeout if I try to go from tool 1 to tool 7 or 8. If I go from tool 1 to any other tool it's working. I've looked through the parameters and know there is a tool change timer of 10 seconds but this doesn't apply. I think there is a setting in the PLC for a shorter time for a tool unclamp, I think it's 5 seconds. Is there a way around this? I have an input to check for tool or no tool in the spindle as well and I'm trying to implement this now.

I am testing the tool changes by going into the ATC menu by pressing F1 then F7 and enter a tool number to go get. Again, it works yets times out on longer moves.

I followed all the settings in the ATC manual and setup all parameters listed in the instructions. I've looked at other users tool change macros and they are near identical to mine. I've seen videos on YouTube with longer tool change moves and theirs worked. This is a router so there is no tool orient needed and I removed those lines from the macro.

I'll be back working on the machine later today or tomorrow and will post a current report when I get back to the machine. Just thought there may be something basic I'm overlooking.

Thanks
centroidsupport
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: ATC issue with tool_unclamp_timeout on a router

Post by centroidsupport »

It sounds like the tool_unclamp_timer isn't resetting when the tool unclamps - it should- The tool_unclamp_timer should only be active while timing from the tool unclamp request to confirming the tool has unclamped. It doesn't need to be and shouldn't be active between putting the old tool away and getting the next tool.

If you post a report, I'll take a closer look.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: ATC issue with tool_unclamp_timeout on a router

Post by ShawnM »

Thanks, I'll post one in about an hour when I get to the machine. I assumed it was something simple and hope I just goofed somewhere.