Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Suggestion about videos

Post by Black Forest »

In some of Marty's videos he inserts a video in a PnP (picture in picture) scenario. When I watch the videos it is difficult to follow the logic as we are watching the inserted video upside down. This means when Marty says move left to right his hands in the video are moving right to left and + and - are reversed to how they would be if we were facing the mill. I took the liberty of grabbing a short section of a video and correcting the insertion. The video is 1:50 seconds long showing first how it is uploaded to YouTube and then the same section with the corrected insertion. Let me know if you all agree. This is only meant as a suggestion not a criticism. These things are sometimes hard to grasp and we(I) need all the help we can get! :D

rk9268vc
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Re: Suggestion about videos

Post by rk9268vc »

The original video was correct. You should be thinking of the spindle moving relative to the work piece, not the work piece moving.

Your flipped video is the wrong logic. you are thinking of the table moving left to right being +x but it is not. That means the spindle is moving right to left which is actually -x

Your CAM follows the same logic. Everything is in relation to the spindle moving relative to the workpiece.
Black Forest

Post by Black Forest »

rk9268vc wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:33 pm The original video was correct. You should be thinking of the spindle moving relative to the work piece, not the work piece moving.

Your flipped video is the wrong logic. you are thinking of the table moving left to right being +x but it is not. That means the spindle is moving right to left which is actually -x

Your CAM follows the same logic. Everything is in relation to the spindle moving relative to the workpiece.
I understand that but in the original when he says left to right his hand is going right to left to the viewer of the video. That is what is confusing and hard to follow. I understand about the table movement and which direction the table should move in + or - relative to the spindle. What he says is correct it is just hard to follow with the inserted video upside down. It is as if the viewer is behind the mill not in front of it.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Black Forest

Post by Black Forest »

To be clear. I know which direction the table must move for the correct + and - moves. The only point of my posting was to point out that the video would be easier to grasp the intent if the viewer was looking at the insert in the same aspect as the presenter. As if looking over the shoulder of the presenter. That is all. So when Marty said left and moved his hand left the viewer was seeing Marty's hand move left. That is all. As it stands now to the viewer when Marty is moving his hand left the viewer sees that hand move right. It distracts from the teaching aspect. No big deal, just a helpful hint.
polaraligned
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1030090103
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes

Post by polaraligned »

You are correct Black Forest. It is far more intuitive to teach from the users perspective when he/she is standing in front of the machine.