Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Recommendations for PC to run p.m. 940 conversion

Post by Vwfan »

Really I’m just super confused on how to bring the power into the box and distribute it to the contactor and the breaker if anybody’s very familiar with this and cares to message me I would love some one on one help if anybody could assist
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

here is one of gary's cabinets, as seen on this page.
https://www.centroidcnc.com/shopbot_gcnc.html
shopbot_cabine_door_open1600.png
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cnckeith
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

power goes to disconnect then to distribution block then to circuit breakers then to components.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Gary Campbell
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238

Post by Gary Campbell »

Here's another one with the components labeled. This one uses a side mount disconnect switch and then power goes to 85A power distribution blocks and then into circuit breakers. Some circuits then go thru contactors that are controlled by the Acorn4 Board
Control Labels.jpg
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
tblough
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

WIRING PRACTICES

Breaker at panel is sized to the total machine load. Wire from the breaker panel to the machine disconnect is sized to carry the breaker rating. Output from the machine disconnect is then ran in parallel to each of the load breakers. All of this parallel wiring is rated for the total machine load.

The load breakers are sized for the current rating of the individual loads. The wires from the load breakers to the individual loads are then sized according to each load breaker size.

The cardinal rule is that wiring is always sized to carry the amperage rating of the next upstream breaker. Wire size can be determined by using Ampacity tables: https://www.usawire-cable.com/pdfs/nec%20ampacities.pdf

Wire temperature ratings are based on the total system. If you are using 90°C wiring, but connecting it to 60°C rated devices, then you must use the 60°C temperature column of the ampacity tables.

Any inductive device (essentially any coil of wire; i.e. solenoid coil, electric motor, fan) that is connected to a relay, should have a suppression device connected across the coil as near the coil as possible to prevent arcing and destruction of the relay contacts.

Ground wires should be terminated at a common point ("Star" wiring). Low voltage control signals should be physically separated from high voltage supply wiring. If the two need to cross each other, they should cross at 90° and not be run parallel to each other.

Any wire containing high frequency signals should be shielded with the shield connected to ground as close to the signal source as possible. Some examples of high frequency signals are: VFD motor load lines, step and direction signal lines, encoder signal lines, and analog signals like 0-10V spindle speed control wires.

All wiring is neat, clean, and labeled.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
Vwfan

Post by Vwfan »

Update , well here’s the final layout I believe before I screw and attach everything to the backing plate if anybody sees any problems please let me know,

Also I have a question, so I’m talking to this bill gentlemen at is from the forum and seems to know what he’s talking about. and the diagram he sent me for the E stop basically tells me to put the Power to the clear path power supply through the contactor and also the spindle motor power through the contactor? If I’m understanding that correctly when the Issac is pressed I will lose power to the service and the spindle? is that really the best situation don’t I want to keep control of them but just stop the motion??
Attachments
6134AC11-65B4-4A1C-8B8F-B4C444E4FD25.jpeg
Vwfan

Post by Vwfan »

One other thing was the limit/home switches my plan was just to add three proximity switches one to each axis what do you do set the soft home on one end and then put the switch on the opposite end? or would I need to hook up six proximity switches in order to stop it in each direction for each axis
Vwfan

Post by Vwfan »

It’s alive everything works I don’t have the limit switch is wired in yet maybe do those tomorrow but everything powers up and works as like it should except for my E stop is in reverse and assume that’s a simple fix I’m not positive?? anybody know of a simple way to reverse the e stop ?
Attachments
8269F39A-B5D6-4E40-B027-9FC5A1C2D4DA.jpeg
Vwfan

Post by Vwfan »

Got it fixed
ruirosa
Acorn CNC Controller: No

OAK limit switches and Home switche wiring

Post by ruirosa »

Hello
I am converting a CNC Mill Mikron WF-31D.
Using a Oak board and DMM BS AC servos.
Already made the Bench test and wired the electric Cabinet according to Martys videos. No error shown.
After a general machine cleaning and a long time pause I managed to mount the new Servos and the new Control panel.
Now I realised that the machine only has 3 limit switches and 3 home switches, each axis with 3 triger "dogs".
Since the limit switches at the OAK wiring diagram shows 6 conections to the limit switches (X+, X-, Y+, Y-, Z+, Z-).
I would like to know how should I wire the existing limit and home switches and also how can I configure them at the CNC 12?
Tanking in advance.
Rui