Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Running CNC12 on my work computer

Post by BillB »

Ive just installed CNC12 Mill and lathe on my work desktop (no Acorn connected) but I want to run CNC12 to get some learning in while at my day job. How to I get both up and running? I do have a pro license for CNC lathe but on the basic version of CNC Mill.

The download/installer I ran is
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... loads.html

Also is there a way to copy and implement all my previously setup settings from my home/shop computer so my setup here at work is exactly the same as home?

Same question as above but in regards to my machine setup configuration how do I add those configurations to my work comp setup. I have 2 machines set up at home both mill and lathe.

one last thing, not sure why but after installing the software did not start up which I did select for that option. Also desktop shortcuts were never added to the desktop? Are these the correct shortcuts? Do they look a bit different from home?

BTW on Win10 64 bit here at work
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Running CNC12 on my work computer

Post by cnckeith »

currently there is no polished Acorn CNC12 emulator. to run Acorn CNC12 it must be connected to an Acorn board.

there is a "Demo" version of CNC12 for Oak/Allin1DC that is a bit crude but will graph and run jobs but has limitations since its not connected to the CNC control board.
you can copy over the tool libraries, g code programs and other data by copying the files from the real running cncm/t directories into the CNC12 demo directory for use on a PC that is not connected to a control board. The Demo version of CNC12 is included with the v4.20 installer on the download page.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
BillB
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Running CNC12 on my work computer

Post by BillB »

cnckeith wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:14 pm currently there is no polished Acorn CNC12 emulator. to run Acorn CNC12 it must be connected to an Acorn board.

there is a "Demo" version of CNC12 for Oak/Allin1DC that is a bit crude but will graph and run jobs but has limitations since its not connected to the CNC control board.
you can copy over the tool libraries, g code programs and other data by copying the files from the real running cncm/t directories into the CNC12 demo directory for use on a PC that is not connected to a control board. The Demo version of CNC12 is included with the v4.20 installer on the download page.
Keith
It seems obvious that CNC12 is not windows complaint, and probably for good reason, but Is there a way to minimize the software when running the offline demo version? AND is there a way to run it with a floating dialogue box like a standard windows program so you can minimize and maximize the window?

Since the demo version does not need machine control is there any reason to have the PLC open when in demo mode? It would be nice to run a part and just see the preview of the tool movements. Can you do this in demo mode?