Soft Limit Values Reset to 0

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

jonmessenger
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: GHFDDHECE(0223151234)
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Soft Limit Values Reset to 0

Post by jonmessenger »

I am having trouble with the Soft Limit values in the table resetting themselves to zero after I shut down the computer and bring it back up

I am using Centroid 12 v 4.64 on a home built router table
I have been using Centroid for several years now, with my all-in-one setup on my Boss 6 so I am familiar with the set up procedure,
and yes I do hit F10 after putting them in to save them.

The problem does not occur if I just shut down the software and restart, I have done it hundreds of times during the set up process.

It only seems to happen on reboot.

I have tried setting them both in the Wizard, and the Config screen with the same results.

Any thoughts on this?
Gary Campbell
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Soft Limit Values Reset to 0

Post by Gary Campbell »

Pro License???
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
martyscncgarage
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by martyscncgarage »

jonmessenger wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:49 am I am having trouble with the Soft Limit values in the table resetting themselves to zero after I shut down the computer and bring it back up

I am using Centroid 12 v 4.64 on a home built router table
I have been using Centroid for several years now, with my all-in-one setup on my Boss 6 so I am familiar with the set up procedure,
and yes I do hit F10 after putting them in to save them.

The problem does not occur if I just shut down the software and restart, I have done it hundreds of times during the set up process.

It only seems to happen on reboot.

I have tried setting them both in the Wizard, and the Config screen with the same results.

Any thoughts on this?
Edited:
(Please) post a fresh report when asking for help.
Are you using auto squaring by chance and the auto square cycle not completing properly? If so, that may be your problem.
Otherwise, give exact steps that you are going through (along with your report) so that it can be recreated.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
jonmessenger
CNC Control System Serial Number: GHFDDHECE(0223151234)

Post by jonmessenger »

You know what Marty, I don't like people yelling at me, even on a forum post. So Ill tell you what I am going to do, I will solve this riddle myself like I always do and I won't be back here to trouble you all again.

Cheers
martyscncgarage

Post by martyscncgarage »

My apologies.
I'll stop using the word always.
The report tells us how the control is configured.
Some of can load the report and try and spot things that will help the user.

Many if us spend a lot of time trying to help others
All I ask is that when a user asks for help, is provide the information so we can help provide good suggestions.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cnckeith
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

marty is trying to help you. if you would like good answers you've got to provide good information and the best way to do that is post a fresh report.zip. we have no idea how your system is configured and can only guess at what the issue may be.
one guess is that you are using Paired Axes with Autohoming and do not have a Pro License installed or maybe you interrupted the homing program mid cycle.......but that is just a wild guess as we have no report.zip to look at.... that report.zip would give us that information.

yes it seems like a simple question from your end.. but please look at it from our perspective we have no idea what axis motors and drives are being used how they are wired and configured, even what kind of machine... not all 'routers' are the same, how is homing setup? no homing? manual homing? auto homing? auto homing with squaring? , travel limits in use?, what type of switches are used? , where are they located?, how are they defined in the PLC/Wizard? , how are the axes setup?, is one axis paired to another?, is there a custom home program in use? , what are the CNC12 error messages? etc..etc.... all this information is contained in the report.zip file and is relevant to solving your issue in a timely manner.
(When i built this forum i considered making it mandatory to post report.zip when posting a tech support thread because the information is so critical to solving any issue.)

we are here to help..please review the posting guidelines here and help us help you with your project.
https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html