Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

.005 mm off

Post by Black Forest »

Happy days! I bolted up the AC closed loop stepper to my mill this afternoon. Hooked up the Acorn, computer, etc. zeroed out my DRO on the mill. Not the Acorn but the Heidenhein DRO on the X axis. Then went to MDI and started playing. I was off by .005 of a mm according to my glass scales. Not bad for no calibration. I am definitely feeling I made the right choice going with the Acorn. The machine is much quieter with the closed loop stepper than with the DC servos. The fastest I moved was at 4000mm/m and it was smooth as butter. :D
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: .005 mm off

Post by cnckeith »

great, thanks for feedback. post some photos to an online photo album and paste link to it here..we all would love to see what you are working on.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: .005 mm off

Post by martyscncgarage »

Black Forest wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:51 pm Happy days! I bolted up the AC closed loop stepper to my mill this afternoon. Hooked up the Acorn, computer, etc. zeroed out my DRO on the mill. Not the Acorn but the Heidenhein DRO on the X axis. Then went to MDI and started playing. I was off by .005 of a mm according to my glass scales. Not bad for no calibration. I am definitely feeling I made the right choice going with the Acorn. The machine is much quieter with the closed loop stepper than with the DC servos. The fastest I moved was at 4000mm/m and it was smooth as butter. :D
Be sure to post in the success stories forum when you are done.
Little video showing things off!
Description and pictures of your build.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ