CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Drive OK

Post by Emzy cnc »

Hallo Guys
I watched Franco Drive alarm video and told myself that i need that too .... so a hooked up everything like he did in video and bench tested .
Im getting nice signal when drive is fault. On input 4 when drives are good there is open state, RED LED . and when drive is in alarm position ( fault state ) im getting signal to input 4 and LED is GREEN ...
In wizzard ive set Input 4 as Drive OK .
But when i bench-test it in getting no warning , and other axises are moving ...

Francos video
Attachments
report_7804734B8B4B-0320191785_2022-01-07_13-54-47.zip
(683.19 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Emzy cnc
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No

Re: Drive OK

Post by Emzy cnc »

So soonest i use custom PLC i cant modify input output in wizard because im getting error due to compiling ...
Only way for me to go around is to reinstall software again, than do all Input and output in wizard, and than modify PLC . to make it work ... ?

what a boomer ... !!

Ok so another way is just go without wizard, and write DriveOK in Input definitions manualy, and clear some compiling errors, by commenting them with ( ; ) ... that is only way for me to work now...

So for everyone, I think , if we use custom PLC , than every change it has to by in PLC not wizard, am i right ?
Last edited by Emzy cnc on Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
centroidsupport
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by centroidsupport »

Does the drive itself actually display a fault?

If it's just the PLC input you can invert it by pressing alt-i from the main screen. Use the arrow keys to select the input to invert and then press ctrl-alt-i to invert it
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Emzy cnc
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No

Post by Emzy cnc »

centroidsupport wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:05 am Does the drive itself actually display a fault?

If it's just the PLC input you can invert it by pressing alt-i from the main screen. Use the arrow keys to select the input to invert and then press ctrl-alt-i to invert it
My drives has same normally open state and i did that in Alt+I as you said :)
problem was im custom PLC . that if im using custom one i cant do any other changes in wizard as im getting error message ( miss match PLC tamplate ) or something like that...
Now im totally getting it . Ive just thought that by changing PLC wizard will update my custom one, but it cant , because probably wizard try to write changes to PLC , but soonest it sees that it is not same as some tamplate one it wont do that. totally make sense now to me . Ive just didnt know that...
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

select YES to "Custom PLC" program in the Wizard and it won't overwrite your custom PLC.
custom plc.PNG
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html