Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: New STEPPERONLINE Integrated Servo motor

Post by ShawnM »

The 110v will NOT go through an INPUT rather an OUTPUT relay. You can run 110v through the Acorn relays. I’ve done it many times. The idea is to use the 110v contactor through relay output one and set that output to "NoFaultOut". After you power up the machine and launch CNC12 it asks you to press the reset button. Once you press the reset button, if there are no faults, relay one energizes and the contactor will close and power up your drives. For added safety you could run the same leg you ran through relay one through a NC contact block on your e-stop although it's not required. It may be preferred but it's not required.
dtananko
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 5462

Post by dtananko »

Thank you, Shawn. It clears the picture. I had a single NC switch on my e-stop, so I ordered another one with double NC. I will use one to run input 8 with 24v and another one at 110v for Relay 1 with assigned "NoFaultOut" that energizes contactor coil for motor power. It was important for me to understand if I can run 110v through relay 1 without any problem. I will have 20A breaker before the contactor and will connect 24v power supply for Acorn directly to the breaker without running through contactor. Only two 36V power supplies will be connected through the contactor.
I honestly do not completely understand this schematics as I ran my power supplies directly fed by 110v before without any problems. After upgrading to Acorn I incorporated input 8 for my e-stop and it worked flawlessly as well. But now I am putting new closed-loop motors with more powerful power supplies and decided to do it by the book and added contactor and breaker. It definitely added more complexity and hopefully safety to my control box as well as it took much more space as I needed to add more terminals and din rails. Will report back to the community if I have success with such setup. Thank you again for all your help.
Best Regards,
Dmitry
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

Glad it makes a bit more sense Dmitry. As you noted before the e-stop will "software stop" everything when you press it even without a contactor. The spindle will stop, the axis motors will stop moving and everything comes to a halt. This works for some and may be enough.

As you also noted, wiring it with a circuit breaker and contactor is the preferred way and is a bit more "fail safe". Wiring one up is pretty straight forward and we'll certainly help walk you through it if you need any help.
dtananko

Post by dtananko »

Gents, I need help again. After meticulous planning I reassembled the control box with properly wired everything. See the picture of the setup. I followed Marty's procedure on checking the power first and then connected it to the acorn board. I was able to launch CNC12 and communicate with the board. The soft and hard e-stop buttons work flawlessly engaging the contactor after adding NoFault out to the relay1. But after connecting motors to the drives and VFG to relay 4 and PW analog out as it was before I completely lost communication with CNC12. It gives me the Unable to communicate message and quits. The board is powered up and I have heartbeat, the network cable seated properly. I can ping both the Intel network card and Acorn Board successfully. What am I doing wrong? There is no changes to the PC setting - it worked OK before and nothing changed. I searched the forum for similar problem and could not find anything like that. Please suggest the troubleshooting procedure. Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_2922.jpg
Best Regards,
Dmitry
dtananko

Post by dtananko »

No worries. I fixed the issue by checking and turning off the firewall again.
Best Regards,
Dmitry