Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Z Axis Ball Screw configuration issues

Post by shreddedcurbs »

My X and Y were having problems initially and I was able to resolve the issues. The machine came with the specs 83.5 for the X and Y, after doing some calculating and reconfiguring I was able to have the X and Y be accurate. I set the ballscrew Z to 2.5 overall turns and measured with a ruler. Seemed to be correct.

Today when cutting a 3/4" plywood and setting the DOC to .76 it only went about 3/8" instead of ~3/4". My Ballscrew Z axis came with the specs "160" on it and I'm not certain how to calculate the ballscrew overall turns. I only found the calculation for linear rails to get my X and Y setup correctly. Anyone have a Z Ballscrew formula that can be used with my "160" value?
ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Re: Z Axis Ball Screw configuration issues

Post by ShawnM »

Another easy way to setup your overall turns ratio is to simply follow the instructions from Centroid. Don't bother with what the manufacturer of your machine said they were set to or even try to decipher their numbers. There are documents on how to calculate this with both coarse and fine adjustments for the Acorn. Your Z axis is probably 5.08xxxxx. You set it to 2.5 and it only went half way into the material, I wouldn't think that's close enough. :D Again, read the following docs and set it up yourself with a ruler, dial indicator or a digital caliper. Have your calculator on hand also.

Coarse DRO adjustments:
https://centroidcncforum.com/download/file.php?id=15353

Fine DRO adjustments:
https://centroidcncforum.com/download/file.php?id=15354
shreddedcurbs
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Re: Z Axis Ball Screw configuration issues

Post by shreddedcurbs »

cant do anything because came back after cutting a 4x8 and now its non responsive. wish i wouldnt have waited a year to install this board because warranty over and this thing is a paperweight.