Are there any menus that let you see where your cutter location is?

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

shreddedcurbs
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Are there any menus that let you see where your cutter location is?

Post by shreddedcurbs »

Absolutely. For both my Digitizing bundle and my centroid board. I called in twice and wasn't met by very nice people at all.

Heck a week or two ago when I initially emailed you guys I got called by a guy who was so arrogant he kept smacking his lips before or after each statement he would make. I dont get it. The reason he called me instead of emailing was because he said something about i was trying to sue you guys.. no idea where he got that from. It was nuts.

I was so 100% into you guys and thought you were the best since sliced bread. But after owning this and using it less than 20 hours combined and it goes bad, i get treated like a pos by customer service reps and reps of the company... im really shocked and floored this is how i was treated. Yeah, It might have taken me a year to get around to installing this thing but to not stand behind your product when you can visually see my posts of when i installed the board and when its been up and running and it having hardware issues only a week after its up and running then hearing you guys say "oh your warranty expired 11/15/2021" and then hearing "The Y in DIY is yourself" it really bums me out.

I was also told you cant send a replacement even IF I pay the $199. You need to wait to get my controller back first. So I pay you MORE money yet you need to wait until I send back the unit I Paid $349 for, process it, then you send me the unit I pay $199 for. It makes no sense! Then I'm told if I cant wait two weeks for that sending in.. sending back.. policy I can pay another $199 and youll refund me when you get my original $349 unit back. What sense does this make?
shreddedcurbs

Post by shreddedcurbs »

cnckeith wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:18 pm Please ship the unit back we will repair or replace or refund your choice.

Please use RMA #35471

Ship to
Centroid
RMA #
159 Gates Rd.
Howard, PA 16841
how come when you edit your posts it doesnt say that you edited your entire post? it shows on mine when i edit my posts
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

As soon as we receive the complete acorn kit we will refund the purchase price of the kit and the software.
please post the shipment tracking number and i suggest you insure the shipment.
sorry it didn't work out for you. good luck with your projects.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

shreddedcurbs wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:36 pm

I was also told you cant send a replacement even IF I pay the $199. You need to wait to get my controller back first. So I pay you MORE money yet you need to wait until I send back the unit I Paid $349 for, process it, then you send me the unit I pay $199 for. It makes no sense! Then I'm told if I cant wait two weeks for that sending in.. sending back.. policy I can pay another $199 and youll refund me when you get my original $349 unit back. What sense does this make?
sorry you misunderstand how the swap out works.

simply put. if you have a non functioning Acorn and can't find a resolution here on the forum.
buy the swap out at $199
ship the non functioning Acorn to us for evaluation
if the Acorn is found to have manufacture issue we will repair or replace and ship back to you at no charge and refund the $199.
if the Acorn is found to have user inflicted issue we will repair or replace and ship back to you.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
TheKitMill

Post by TheKitMill »

Having now been using this Control several years I have to take exception to the statements about the Support and treatment from Centroid. They have been great. This Board is a game changer for the DIY CNC market. I have installed and Used Mach 3 , MASSO and others and nothing compares.

CNCKeith, Nancy, Marty on the board and on YouTube and the others I have spoke too at Centroid have gone above and beyond to make this work. So far there has been no problem that a solution could not be found for.

I am not saying that all has been perfect I had a bad relay board several years ago. We found the problem and the board was replace. As someone who uses this control every day I can't say enough about the support from Centroid and the Forum.
shreddedcurbs

Post by shreddedcurbs »

So you randomly decided to find this thread and post how good centroid is? Thats great you feel that way. It doesnt allow you to manually jog over the workpiece and show where the endmill is located in relation to where your cutting tool path will be. So I guess you are right, it doesnt compare.

I however had a different experience when I Reached out for help. Glad you had a good experience. Have a blessed day.
shreddedcurbs

Post by shreddedcurbs »

cnckeith wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:50 pm
shreddedcurbs wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:36 pm

sorry you misunderstand how the swap out works.

simply put. if you have a non functioning Acorn and can't find a resolution here on the forum.
buy the swap out at $199
ship the non functioning Acorn to us for evaluation
if the Acorn is found to have manufacture issue we will repair or replace and ship back to you at no charge and refund the $199.
if the Acorn is found to have user inflicted issue we will repair or replace and ship back to you.
I had no misunderstandings at all. I clearly explained how your policy works. The policy is I pay $199. Then I sent my $349 controller in. When you get my $349 controller, you send me my $199 controller I paid for. So now you're stating you will first diagnose before you even send me a replacement correct? Thats my problem. The wait time.
CNCMaryland
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA7CBF8b-103011290

Post by CNCMaryland »

TheKitMill wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:00 pm Having now been using this Control several years I have to take exception to the statements about the Support and treatment from Centroid. They have been great. This Board is a game changer for the DIY CNC market. I have installed and Used Mach 3 , MASSO and others and nothing compares.

CNCKeith, Nancy, Marty on the board and on YouTube and the others I have spoke too at Centroid have gone above and beyond to make this work. So far there has been no problem that a solution could not be found for.

I am not saying that all has been perfect I had a bad relay board several years ago. We found the problem and the board was replace. As someone who uses this control every day I can't say enough about the support from Centroid and the Forum.
I have to agree with you. Compared to other Hobby/DIY controllers, the Acorn is the best I have tried, and I have tried others, total game changer.
shreddedcurbs

Post by shreddedcurbs »

CNCMaryland wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:21 pm
TheKitMill wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:00 pm Having now been using this Control several years I have to take exception to the statements about the Support and treatment from Centroid. They have been great. This Board is a game changer for the DIY CNC market. I have installed and Used Mach 3 , MASSO and others and nothing compares.

I have to agree with you. Compared to other Hobby/DIY controllers, the Acorn is the best I have tried, and I have tried others, total game changer.
Just like other CNC forums, here comes all the posts saying such good things randomly after someone mentions something bad. You're telling me you just somehow found this thread and read to page 2 to make this post? Yet you post nothing about the original question. Fishy.
CNCMaryland
CNC Control System Serial Number: F045DA7CBF8b-103011290

Post by CNCMaryland »

No, I've been reading along since you're 1st post where you said you read all the documents and preceded to ask how to hook up the Mach 3 board to the Acorn. :shock:

Actually I posted a response to your question on page 1.