CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Aux 11 button

Post by tblough »

The .bak files are being created by whatever text editing software you are using to modify the VCP files. Whenever you edit a VCP file, a backup of the previous version is saved as .bak.

This behavior is usually changeable in the text editing software. Something along the lines of "don't create backup files".
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
Emzy cnc
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by Emzy cnc »

No, it is turning it on, but problem is - if im forced to reboot system because im adding probes in wizzard and have to reboot system, aux 10 and aux11 stop working. It feels like it try to boot up from some history plc file not from actual plc file i modified for those aux keys and outputs, suddenly it stops recognise my new aux10 button and searching for m55 because this reboot rewrote my vcp skin.xml file back to previous . Suddenly in setup/config/parameters is on aux10 button 5511 number (search for macro) even before boot it was 0.

But probes are working. but if i compile plc file to restore aux keys , and i rewrite m55 to aux10 in vcp skin.xml , Aux keys and outputs are working but i lost probes, they are no longer detectable even probes are selected in wizzard as Inputs 2 and 3
Emzy cnc

Post by Emzy cnc »

tblough wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:19 pm The .bak files are being created by whatever text editing software you are using to modify the VCP files. Whenever you edit a VCP file, a backup of the previous version is saved as .bak.

This behavior is usually changeable in the text editing software. Something along the lines of "don't create backup files".
thank you i will try to look at settings of Notepad ++, i was thinking acorn is doing that.
Sword
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by Sword »

Make a backup of your VCP folder so you can quickly replace the vcp skin files in the event of it being overwritten. There is a button in the wizard under "Preferences/CNC Control" to specify that you have a custom skin that should keep it from happening.
Scott
Emzy cnc

Post by Emzy cnc »

Ive got that, i did reinstall software and didnt use report to bring setting back, instead i wrote everything back by hand.
I belive problem was that in wizzard i did not have checked custom VCP skin, as Sword suggested - thank you.
And also in wizzard did not have checked Custom PLC.
When i compiled my new PLC in that plc i did not have probes written so thats why they did not work.

Now i more understand workflow , and didnt know about that custom PLC check box in wizzard. now i know...
Emzy cnc

Post by Emzy cnc »

But as i did that, my licence is no longer pro but free... and licence key i have is no longer working.
I have purchased licence while i had old acorn board, but that board burned so my reseller has sent me new on but licence is no longer working on it
Attachments
report_7804734B8B4B-0320191785_2022-01-06_12-33-08.zip
(614.42 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
license-martinz-7804732CDADC-0123191572-pro-mill.dat
(123 Bytes) Downloaded 45 times
licence not working Sc.jpg
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

reseller need to send in the old Acorn board and request that we issue a replacement license file for the new acorn they gave you.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html