CNC Control System Serial Number: OK375
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

CrossAir laser alignment

Post by TechyMind »

Hi,

I’m using a laser to align part on my router.
I assigned it in wizard to outpout 8.

2 strange things happen :
- when I start cnc12 and launch homing, the laser activate for no reason
- when I use M94 /29 to activate the laser, it’s working but when I use M95 /29 to deactivate the laser, nothing happens.

One of the way to deactivate is to go in Mdi menu.

Thank you for your help.

Julien
centroidsupport
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: CrossAir laser alignment

Post by centroidsupport »

Please post a current report from your system
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
TechyMind
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: OK375

Post by TechyMind »

Here is the report of my system :)
Attachments
report_4C3FD32012DE-1231192785_2021-12-16_08-16-51.zip
(783.54 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
centroidsupport
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by centroidsupport »

I would suggest you start by using the default Acorn Router installation. The VCP includes a Laser Set XY button and the default Acorn router configured to run mfunc76.mac when that button is pressed. Within the M76, is calls M63 (mfunc63.mac) which turns on OUTPUT3.

FWIW mfunc68.mac turns on OUTPUT8, you could edit the mfunc76.mac to call M68 instead of M63 but I would strongly urge you to use the standard router configuration and test your system thoroughly before even thinking about customizing stuff. The mfunction files can all be found in c:\cncm are are simple text files renamed with a .mac extension
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
jasonstewart81

Post by jasonstewart81 »

Somewhat newbie here. Mainly new to the Acorn. I just finished all my wiring today to the Acorn and opened up CNC12 to do some testing. I guess I should start off explaining my setup. It's a Onefinity CNC Router so I'll have a VFD hooked up, homing switches, touch probes, NEJE laser module, etc. My question in regards to this thread related to "LASER SET XY" is this....I have my laser enable on OUTPUT 3 and would like to use the "LASER SET XY" button because it's already there and makes sense to use when I'm finished with a carving job and want to pop on my laser to do a burn job. I'm not super familiar with creating custom macros so how could I go about (I know I need to make a copy of the original mfunc76 I believe it was for laser set xy) customizing this macro to essentially turn on OUT 3 and fire my laser (M37 I believe) at the lowest power setting I find works with my laser (M3 SXXXX), and eliminate the set Z focal distance as I'd need to set that manually due to different material thicknesses.

So essentially all I'd need the "LASER SET XY" to do is fire the laser at a given power level and allow me full jog of XY and Z so I can set all three to my defined WCS I set when I created the gcode for the job.

Thank you all for your time and looking forward to your input. :D
Sword
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by Sword »

If your laser is always at a known offset from your spindle when attached, look into using G52 for the XY offset, then you can set the Z after that part. Always remember to cancel the G52 when done. This could be done in your post processor as well, as mentioned here...https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=6375

I have a macro that has been a work in progress that I've used to just set the locations for the laser (not in relation to an offset from the spindle after a cutting op). You're welcome to look it over and glean what you can from it for your needs. What you describe is quite similar to what it does and it is run from a button on the VCP. If you wanted it to set the XY according to the last cutting op, the G52 option could be used. The actual laser file could then cancel the G52 offset when finished.
Attachments
Set_Laser_XYZ_mfunc_.mac
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Set_Laser_XYZ.svg
(13.33 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Scott
jasonstewart81

Post by jasonstewart81 »

Sword wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:32 pm If your laser is always at a known offset from your spindle when attached, look into using G52 for the XY offset, then you can set the Z after that part. Always remember to cancel the G52 when done. This could be done in your post processor as well, as mentioned here...https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=6375

I have a macro that has been a work in progress that I've used to just set the locations for the laser (not in relation to an offset from the spindle after a cutting op). You're welcome to look it over and glean what you can from it for your needs. What you describe is quite similar to what it does and it is run from a button on the VCP. If you wanted it to set the XY according to the last cutting op, the G52 option could be used. The actual laser file could then cancel the G52 offset when finished.
Thank you for the reply. Yeah I mean, in all honesty I wouldn't even need it to set XY or Z. I just need a macro to fire the laser at low power so I can just set XY and Z manually. I suppose I could just do an M37 to enable my laser enable output, do an M3 S(power value), set my XY and Z manually, then Cycle Stop or M5 and escape the MDI window. I just figured a nice fancy already labeled "laser set XY" seemed like a good idea to use because technically I am using it to set my XY to start a laser job.
Sword
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by Sword »

That's exactly what that macro does, just with some prompts and to make sure I haven't left the bit in the spindle, because I don't have a lot of clearance. Step through the macro see what it does, edit it for your needs if it works.
Scott
jasonstewart81

Post by jasonstewart81 »

I'll be sure to go back and try it out. I don't actually have my whole control enclosure hooked to the machine yet. Was just using my multimeter and checking output voltage on the db25 pin 14 (pwm) output to see if things did what I was hoping for. I still have to now go in and rewire my machine, add my homing switches, etc. Still a work in progress.

Thank you Scott
Attachments
20220305_111148.jpg
20220305_111049.jpg
20220305_111039.jpg