DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Closed Loop Stepper Encoder Wiring

Post by martyscncgarage »

Cncninja wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:55 pm
martyscncgarage wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:13 pm
greglwood wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:03 pm For the record my question was about cabling vs wires from connector to the driver for both the encoder and power. The existing ones (power) are temporary , I've already removed the encoder wires. I've seen lots of these done as I have the power wires here but that does not mean its the best way. Should they be shielded together (all encoder) or a+/a- shielded together, b+/b- shielded together, etc. Same raceway or different raceways (power and signals).

IMG_4478.JPEG
In general it looks neat. I do not see your drives. Are they stepper drives? What make and model? 5VDC Logic? If so they should be connected to the DB25 port. SOME work on the acorn header. I would have used a shielded cable for the step/dir signals from the Acorn to each drive.

Is this a mill? Router? What kind of spindle and how is it controlled?

More pictures would be helpful, We can make more suggestions
Hey Marty is the DB25 electrical the same as the headers or is there different paths, optos, levels etc I have not yet terminated mine yet so I could easily use a DB25 bob or even a CNC pin-compatible Gecko bob with opto. Thanks
Think of the DB25 as a replacement for the parallel port on the PC. Logic levels stand at 5V
Specifications on Acorn can be found here: https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397

To answer your question NO they are different....
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ