Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

centroid nuk problem < misunderstanding>

Post by StonewalLee »

i bought the centroid nuk and i just pulled it out of the box. I have in plugged into my acorn board with the sheilded ethernet cable and i have windows pulled up. in the top corner it has a folder called centroid_acorn_cnc12_.....installer, at this point I went to download cnc 12 and it gives a message that says "We noticed an existing installation of CNC12, please rename existing cncm directory and run the installer again" So cnc 12 is installed somewhere, i just cant find it. The weird thing is, the computer is brand new, there is nothing on it but this one folder, notepad++, manuals, and a teamviewer app for it support. What exactly am i missing here? (one more thing is thre is a folder in docuemtns called cd_win10_64_5.4, a few folders in it but i cant make sense of it.)
hope someone can help, thanks
centroidsupport
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: centroid nuk problem

Post by centroidsupport »

It's telling you that c:\cncm or c:\cnct already exists. Can you take a screenshot of your file explorer and post it here?
file_explorer.png
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
martyscncgarage

Post by martyscncgarage »

As support suggested. Take a screen shot of your desktop. And then a screen shot of the directories on the C drive.
You can use the Windows SNIPping tool to capture the screens and then upload them here. Click on Full Editor & Preview, then click on the Attachments tab, point to the pictures and upload them.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

The NUC provided by Centroid will have CNC12 preinstalled.
You are installing CNC12 again by running the installer and the installer is telling you that there is already a cncm direction (the directory that cnc12 lives in) and is recommended that you simply rename the existing cncm directory so the installer can install a new cncm directory.
so use Windows to rename the existing cncm directory to anything you like and then rerun the installer.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
martyscncgarage

cnckeith wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:10 pm The NUC provided by Centroid will have CNC12 preinstalled.
You are installing CNC12 again by running the installer and the installer is telling you that there is already a cncm direction (the directory that cnc12 lives in) and is recommended that you simply rename the existing cncm directory so the installer can install a new cncm directory.
so use Windows to rename the existing cncm directory to anything you like and then rerun the installer.
That's why I asked him for a screen shot of his desktop.
There is probably an ICON on the desktop to launch CNC12 and he is trying to install it not realizing it is already installed and that Centroid also includes the installer for future use.

Marty
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Re: centroid NUC problem

Post by cncsnw »

Maybe the CNC12 installer should not be on the desktop.

It could still be stored on the hard drive somewhere, for the unlikely event it may be needed, but having it on the desktop just invites trouble and confusion.
centroidsupport

Post by centroidsupport »

Agree
https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
martyscncgarage

Re: centroid NUC problem

cncsnw wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:58 pm Maybe the CNC12 installer should not be on the desktop.

It could still be stored on the hard drive somewhere, for the unlikely event it may be needed, but having it on the desktop just invites trouble and confusion.
👍
Mesa, AZ
Centroid_Liviu

Re: centroid nuk problem < misunderstanding>

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

The Installer is only on the Desktop when the Software is not installed. This is the case when the NUC is purchased and we don't know what the end-user wants, Mill, Lathe, or Router. The installer is removed if the software is already installed. If the software is installed there will be an appropriate icon on the Desktop, either Mill, Lathe, or Router.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
StonewalLee
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by StonewalLee »

cnckeith wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:10 pm The NUC provided by Centroid will have CNC12 preinstalled.
I can not find a directory called cncm. There is nothing on the pc, so i dont know where else to look. There is one other directory called cir_win10_64_5.4 and i tried renaming it nothing happened. I have file explorer up and i have gone through and checked every directory, every folder and there is nothing named cnc12, cncm or anything like that.