Re: Change OUTPUT5 name for WMPG

Post by cnckeith »

From the i/o manual.
i.oman.PNG
so that means when you have
ioassign.PNG
RouterVacuumHoldDown = M7 and a M7 will activate Output 5

RouterDustCollection = M8 and a M8 will activate Output 6

So, now use the Wizard to go edit the MPG macro buttons you want to have same functionality by copying the contents of the M7 and pasting MPGMacro1, copy M8 and paste in MPGmacro2 etc. save the files. Close cnc12 and restart.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
fma1955
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 3905
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by fma1955 »

cnckeith,
When I do that, (with the Auto/man ON) the Vac table starter comes on for about 1-2seconds, then goes off. To get the Vac to start fully,(with that code), I must press "Auto/man" button to OFF (which was on), the program then askes me to turn it back on again, which starts the Vac. To get it to turn off I must turn the "Auto/man" off, then the "VacHoldDown" off. I have to press "Esc" on keyboard to get the message "Please select Auto/Vac blow to continue" off the screen. This of course defeats to purpose of having the WMPG.
Attachments
report_E415F6F5C6B8-1105203905_2021-12-06_13-13-15.zip
(832.88 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

the stock vac and dust collection are "interlocked" with the Auto/Man button on the VCP by design.
for instance if you were cutting a job and accidently hit the Vac button on the mpg the work piece would be let go by the machine in the middle of cutting.

are you planning on using the macro buttons on the mpg when running a g code program? or just when not running a g code program?
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
fma1955

Post by fma1955 »

Hello Keith,
Yes that makes sense. In my case I have the Router in one room & the computer next door (two rooms with part of a wall out for access to both) & it would be VERY helpful to be able to start the Vac & Dust from either the VCP OR the MPG as most times I am at the Router table when I start the job as I can't see the Router when I press start.
Thank you for your help.
Allin1Chris
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Allin1Chris »

Hi fma1955,

This requires a very simple PLC change to accomplish. In the PLC there are MPGMacro#_M bits (Where # is the button 1-4) that are used for each button on the MPG. I added the MPG buttons to the existing logic for the Auto/man button, Dust collector and Hold down vac buttons.

MPG Macro 1 Button will now toggle the Auto/Man
MPG Macro 2 Button will now toggle Dust Collector
MPG Macro 3 Button will now toggle Hold Down Vac

MPG Macro 4 Button is still available as a macro button.

I have taken the PLC file from your report and made the modifications above. To Install, download the attachment i have here and extract the contents of the .zip to your C:\cncm directory and overwrite files. Ensure to power cycle the Acorn and restart the software after installation.

Let us know how this modification works if you try it.
Attachments
Acorn_Router_PLC_MPGButtons.zip
(156.13 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

Centroid PLC Tutorial Videos
fma1955

Post by fma1955 »

THANK you VERY much Allin1Chris, :lol: that work PERFECTLY. Thank you to all that helped. :D I have a fair idea that all you people DON'T get enough THANKS for helping the simpletons like myself. :oops:
I hope you all have a great Christmas.
Allin1Chris wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:56 am Hi fma1955,

This requires a very simple PLC change to accomplish. In the PLC there are MPGMacro#_M bits (Where # is the button 1-4) that are used for each button on the MPG. I added the MPG buttons to the existing logic for the Auto/man button, Dust collector and Hold down vac buttons.

MPG Macro 1 Button will now toggle the Auto/Man
MPG Macro 2 Button will now toggle Dust Collector
MPG Macro 3 Button will now toggle Hold Down Vac

MPG Macro 4 Button is still available as a macro button.

I have taken the PLC file from your report and made the modifications above. To Install, download the attachment i have here and extract the contents of the .zip to your C:\cncm directory and overwrite files. Ensure to power cycle the Acorn and restart the software after installation.

Let us know how this modification works if you try it.