No Power to Acorn Board - Bench Test

All things related to the Centroid Acorn CNC Controller

Moderator: cnckeith

Jav
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: (F045DA7F120C-1204181398)
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

No Power to Acorn Board - Bench Test

Post by Jav »

I'm in the process of setting up my Acorn board_ Rev. 4 with Clearpath SDSK Servos. I followed the recommended bench test procedure w/o connecting any of the servos. The board powered up (acorn heartbeat) and communication was established. I then began connecting the SDSK servos, Clearpath power supplies and CNC4PC C86CCP Interface board per centroid schematics S15072.DWG_Ver.4 and Marty's SDSK videos. After checking connections, I powered the system and noticed the acorn board was not powering up. The SDSK servos were receiving power (access covers blinking), but the acorn board was not. I checked the 24 volt power supply and the input was 120 volts and the DC output was zero. I also noticed the 24 volt power supply green LED was blinking. Did I short circuit the power supply? Is there a way to reset the power supply or do I have to get a new one?
Miamijerry
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: No Power to Acorn Board - Bench Test

Post by Miamijerry »

https://www.meanwell.com/Upload/PDF/RD- ... 5-SPEC.PDF

Says shortcircuit protection. This would happen after cooling, so if it does not come back with nothing connected, then I would say time to order another.