CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Automatic DOOR

Post by Emzy cnc »

Hallo guys,
I want to share with you my newest project- automatic door. It works on one pneumatic cylinder and two pulleys moving another door as you saw it in video ... It works very well ... but i would love to attach it co acorn.

I did already connected it to OUT4 , and would love to make it as AUX key M57 on virtual controller.

I watched videos on youtube about aux key and outputs, some a few times , but im still lost Could somebody give me tips
Logic behind I would like to be attached to flood coolant M8 . So when i turn some program and there is M8 flood - door should close. I almost always use flood, but for times when i dont use flood i would love to be able to close it by pressing this M57 auxkey. LED on it would be nice addition.

youtube video
Emzy cnc
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No

Re: Automatic DOOR

Post by Emzy cnc »

Or maybe batter to attach logic to SPINDLE , what is OUTPUT 1 in my case. and habe aux key with LED to bypass logic..
Attachments
report_7804734B8B4B-0320191785_2021-11-27_15-39-59.zip
(644.23 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Emzy cnc

Post by Emzy cnc »

Oh man , i was trying to figure this out , and need help from experts .

Ive drew on paper what i actually need it to do:
On top is proximity ''switch 4'' connected to INPUT 4 on acorn.
Solenoid moving door is connected to OUTPUT 4 on acorn. OFF state door is open , ON state door is closed.
Coolant Pump is connected to OUTPUT 6 on acorn.
Than i have two AUX buttons, AUX 1 is in raw4 column4 and AUX 2 is in raw4 column5. ( those should be set to PD-one shot button )

Than on PLC im planing it to write as, but im sure there are plenty mistakes.

IF Aux1Skin_M //M8 THEN (OT4) ;M8 is triggered by program-gcode

IF Switch4 THEN Aux1LED ON and Aux2LED OFF
IF !Switch4 THEN. Aux1LED OFF and Aux2LED ON ; here i was thinking to write different led on button

IF M8 ,, Switch4 THEN (OT6) ; coolant pump will trigger only if Switch4 and M8 is triggered, but now im thinking that i should implement this coolant button on VCP othervise it wouldnt work ? Or M8 is working under this button as macro ? So when i press this coolant ON button on VCP it is trigering M8...

Aux2 button should open the door, but i dont know if it can be wrote in PLC or in custom macro... because even if you press Aux2 button door should not open until coolant is off, it should wait 3 seconds until coolant will completely stop. and then open. But i want to set this way that, If coolant is already OFF and i press Aux2 then there is no wating 3 seconds and door will open right a way.
Also , when im milling something by CAM programand it finishes after it finish door will wait 3 seconds and than open.
Attachments
drew
drew
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

There is a door safety interlock as a usable input. Why don't you use that?
Are you trying to automate the door opening and closing? If so, why?
I'm trying to understand why a pneumatic door, it is a safety issue in of itself.

Please clarify the point of the automatic door. Then we can better understand what you are trying to do.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Some general hints on PLC programming strategy:

1) You should use input and output definitions with meaningful names. "OUTPUT4" does not convey any meaning about its function (and is not intended to). For things provided by the wizard (like Flood and SpinFWD) you should use those definitions. For things not provided by the wizard, since you are writing a custom PLC program anyway, you can edit in your own definitions.

Code: Select all

DoorClosed_I IS INP4
;...
DoorCloseSol_O IS OUT4
That way, your PLC code that opens and closes the door in response to other states will be a lot easier to read and interpret.

2) You probably want your manual door-open aux key to control a memory bit, which will be a request to open the door. The PLC program will immediately set or clear that request bit in response to the aux key, but separate from that will decide when and whether to open the door.

ManDoorOpenRequest_M IS MEM123
;...
IF SkinAux1_M THEN RST ManDoorOpenRequest_M
IF SkinAux2_M THEN SET ManDoorOpenRequest_M
3) If you want an action to happen as soon as possible, but no less than three seconds after flood coolant is turned off, then you should maintain a timer from when the coolant was last turned off. If the timer has expired, then it is okay to take the action.

CoolantOff_T IS T12
;...
IF !Flood THEN CoolantOff_T = 3000, SET CoolantOff_T
IF Flood THEN RST CoolantOff_T
4) Then your door-control logic might look something like this, to start out with:

; Close the door any time it is not supposed to be open.
; It is supposed to be open if the operator has requested it, and the coolant has been off for long enough.
IF !(ManDoorOpenRequest_M && CoolantOff_T) THEN (DoorCloseSol_O)
IF DoorClosed_I THEN (Aux1LED)    ; If and only if door is closed, light Aux1 LED.
IF !DoorClosed_I THEN (Aux2LED)    ; If and only if door is not closed, light Aux2 LED.
5) You might want to add a line in the long block of unconditional actions in InitialStage, to SET ManDoorOpenRequest_M, so that the door is open when the control first starts up.
Emzy cnc

Post by Emzy cnc »

Hallo Marty
pneumatic cylinder operate in low pressure and is not dangerous. I always wanted to have automatic door since few moments of coolant leaking out of not properly closed door, and there are some moments when i forget to change M8 to M9 and get wet ...And final reason, i think this could be good project for me to learn all those PLC logic and macro for future projects.

Thank you cncsnw.
Those are some exelent tips for me , now i see clearly different approach to my problem, thank you. Still dont know how i will implement them in PLC and where exactly i will place lines, but will try to work with them .
What other approach you would recommend ? Or dou you have some tips for me what ive overlooked ?
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Emzy cnc wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:13 pm Hallo Marty
pneumatic cylinder operate in low pressure and is not dangerous. I always wanted to have automatic door since few moments of coolant leaking out of not properly closed door, and there are some moments when i forget to change M8 to M9 and get wet ...And final reason, i think this could be good project for me to learn all those PLC logic and macro for future projects.

Thank you cncsnw.
Those are some exelent tips for me , now i see clearly different approach to my problem, thank you. Still dont know how i will implement them in PLC and where exactly i will place lines, but will try to work with them .
What other approach you would recommend ? Or dou you have some tips for me what ive overlooked ?
You can hire Marc (cncsnw) to do the PLC for you, but note you'll then have a custom PLC and could overwitten by any Wizard changes.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Making your manual door-open key turn off the coolant is a little tricky, because there is already a lot of logic in place for managing coolant on/off and auto/manual.

You probably need to make the door-open key switch the coolant mode from auto to manual, and (perhaps on the next scan) also turn off flood coolant.

Getting the coolant turned back on automatically when you close the door, provided it was on before and whatever condition made it be on has not changed, would be more complicated.

Probably the best approach there would be to redefine "Flood" to be a memory bit; call the actual output something else, such as "FloodPump_O"; make the door-open condition test FloodPump_O instead of Flood; and make Flood turn on FloodPump_O, but only if the door is closed and there has been no door-open request:

FloodPump_O is OUT6
;...
Flood IS MEM124
;...
IF Flood && DoorClosed_I && !ManDoorOpenRequest_M THEN (FloodPump_O)
That way you don't have to change any of the logic that manipulates "Flood". The pump will be turned off as soon as the operator requests that the door be opened; but the door won't actually open until the pump has been off for three seconds.
Emzy cnc

Post by Emzy cnc »

I see that this is much more complicated than i have thought...
At the moment i wrote simple aux button with one shot to open and close the door regadles of pump , program starting or program finishing ...
And thinking if i could do it by wiring bunch of sensors and relays , make it pure analog :D connecting it to spindle output with simple switch for bypassing it... So when spindle starts door close, and when spindle stops it will open. Than have another relay controlling pump regardless of acorn output, that relay would be controlled by door sensor...

Pure analog approach , dont know what is batter... How much custom PLC would cost ?

BTW , for my last topic about feed rate percentage , as ive been struggling with this 1% steps... In PLC i have found this feed rate parameter , and i changed to 10% . It totally works guys !! :D now i can go down with feed very fast!! Even thinking to change it to 15% now .
Emzy cnc

Post by Emzy cnc »

Even this timing of opening door 3 seconds after coolant is off , could be done by Postprocessor ? if door solenoid is attached to spindle on / off...
So in Postprocessor i would write to add G4 P3 after M9. To look like this :
M9 G4 P3
M5

So door solenoid is controled only by spindle on/off and aux button - Both has to be Truth ( aux button is normally truth )
and coolant pump is controlled by M8 (OT6) and if sensor door is truth...

That would be the easyest approach ...
Door wont open after 3 seconds if there is coolant, If there is no coolant there is no M9 and no G4 P3 , so door will open soonest spindle stops...
Then even if i forse to open door during operation , during pump splashing, Pump will stopp as soon as sensor sense door was open...
If i would use 240V on off switch on door ( no sensor ) and hook it stright to pump, I would not need to use one of my last two Inputs to acorn, using it to something else :)