Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Adding Probe and Misc issues

Post by lavrgs »

I started with a touch off tool into input 7 with parameter set to ToolTouchOffTriggered and it worked perfectly.

I want to add a probe and I am now testing with just the probe connected. It seems to be working well I have ProbeTripped as the parameter for input 7. I also have Input 6 set to ProbeDectect. I have a switch that can turn the led on the board on/off. I eventually want to use an on-off-on spdt switch to change between probes. I am following page 15 of the Acorn Probe setup guide and want to know if using just one switch is appropriate

I am looking for some general advice on the best way to have both probes available - only one at a time is necessary. I was also considering a front panel mount connector that each probe would get plugged into as needed.

The probe is a Drewtronics S5000LED. The touch off tool is a Metrol limit switch P11EDB-DULD https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/sh ... 11edb-duld. Both are NC and I would like to know if they provide the probe detect signal
rk9268vc
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Adding Probe and Misc issues

Post by rk9268vc »

how I have it wired is having 2 bulkhead connectors on my box. One for the probe to plug in, and one for the tool height setter.
The connector of the probe has the probe detect shorted so it sees it when it is plugged in. The tool touch remains plugged in always for me

I have IN3 as probe detect
IN4 as probetripped
IN7 as tooltouchofftriggered
IN6 is NO spindletempalarmstop which I use as tool touchoff overtravel (this stops machine if tripped)

idk if this is the best way to do it, but it works for me to have both available. The hookup schematics are your friend, just a little hard to combine them together is all