Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: E06234795241-0928215226
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: E-stop contactor not energizing

Post by john543 »

I didn't buy a 220 vac contactor I wanted a 24vdc contactor they sent the wrong one
I still want a 24vdc contactor which is on the way.
Yes the estop is NC both contacts
Marty didn't do any dwg of this he explained it in his video that I followed, as my build is very similar to his build.

Added more tags to the dwg
Attachments
Crude dwg.png
ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

Ok, 24VDC contactor on the way, great.

I'm assuming that input 6 is your e-stop input on the Acorn??? I'm used to input 8 but either one works if setup in the wizard.

Again I don't know anything about the C86 board or its no fault feature but the way you have it drawn you are simply closing the two terminals on the C86 after you press reset on the VCP at startup. If you hit the estop it will open the no fault terminals on the C86. Is this what you want?

The way you have it drawn, when you hit the reset button on the VCP at startup it will close relay output 1 (if programmed in the wizard) which will send 24 volts through your NC estop and then over to the contactor coil and it will latch. This is correct. When it latches it will power up your 74 volt motor power supply and again close the no fault terminals on the C86.

If you hit the estop at any time it will open the contactor and shut down the motor power supply and open the terminals on the C86.

Now for the VFD, this is where the issue is and I have questions for you. Are you spinning the spindle motor both directions? I don't see how you are signaling SPIN FWD and/or SPIN REV to your VFD. Those signals going out to the VFD are supposed to go through two output relays on the Acorn. Again, this is all drawn out in diagram S14953. Please tell me what output 6 is programed as in the wizard. Is the Acorn even controlling your spindle?

What you have drawn for terminals, T3 and L3, on the contactor are not correct. You are supposed to use those to simply break the COM wire on the VFD (probably marked DCM) that tells the spindle motor to spin forward or reverse. You have it wired to COM on the 24 volt power supply. That is not correct so remove the COM on L#3 that goes to the 24v power supply.

Your close but I need more info please.
john543
CNC Control System Serial Number: E06234795241-0928215226

Post by john543 »

I'm spinning fwd and rev look in my Google photos for settings.

VFD wiring
Pin 1 fwd
Pin 2 10vdc com
Pin 5 10vdc
Pin 11 fwd/rev com
Pin 13A Rev
Pin 13E fault reset
Last edited by john543 on Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Great, then what you are trying to do with the L3 and T3 on the contactor is break that COM wire that you have wired into both relays for forward and reverse. I believe that's pin 11 on your VFD. Take the wire on pin 11 of your VFD and wire it to L3 on the contactor. Then take T3 on the contactor and run that to the COM terminals of your FWD and REV outputs relays on the Acorn relay board. I believe those are your black wires on the relays. This will break that wire in the event you press the estop or the no fault out relay is not active. Make sense? Everything else looks good. When you get your 24vdc contactor let us know.

Do us a favor and delete older photos on your Google album that are no longer relevant. You have multiple photos of the outputs, wiring and wizard screen shots and it's hard to know which one is the most current or maybe label them. I saw one pic and started to type and then saw another wiring pic that was different and want to be sure I'm giving you the most up to date info from your pics.
bbkengineering
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by bbkengineering »

Hey Shawn,

I am actually also having trouble figuring out how to connect the C86, E-stop switch, contactor, and acorn relay. Did you have any luck?
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

I don't use the C86 nor would I ever use the C86, there's simply no need to use it or introduce another failure point into the system. All the other items you mention are very easy to wire up using the Centroid diagrams.

bbkengineering, please start your own topic so we can help you there. We need to know a lot more about your system to help you.